Disabling HDR in build 1080?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by wittsend, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Jaromir Bergmann

Jaromir Bergmann Registered

there was some update to my DX9 right after upgrading rF2 build, got strange striped shadows ever since http://s32.postimg.org/h1wthq70l/bbbbbbbbbb.png not a big deal, but still: any idea how to fix it pls?
    PS: I have made no change to GPU driver/game display setting
    PPS: reinstalling game (lite build 1084) to a different folder did not help
    PPPS: have someone with the same problem managed to solve the shadows by reinstalling windows/DX9/GPUdriver?

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I got the same thing in devmode, clearing shaders didn't help, haven't looked into it more yet. My main game is fine.

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Regarding the original topic: why was this removed from the graphics console? It wasn't bothering anybody, it was a useful setting to have and to switch on/off depending on mod or track.

Now we have to search everywhere to find out how to turn HDR on/off, only to find that it's a setting in the config.ini which doesn't even slightly point to it being related to HDR/LDR.

Please consider re-adding it into the graphics settings console.

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

LDR is not supported and it does more bad than good. I would like to see the opposite to happen - get rid of it completly.
    People use LDR as some sort of a cheat for night racing (you see more with it enabled).
    If a car or track looks better in LDR than in HDR, then the proper solution for that is to make it look good in HDR.

5. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Some people are still having flickering issues with HDR, the solution is to use LDR. I believe that's why its still usable. get massive flickering with the headlights on so I disable it for night racing with my AMD 7990. I haven't tried it with my nvidia 1080.

We avoid night racing for the most part. Hopefully the next few updates will address it.