Disable Headmovement in Reiza DLC cars?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by HomieFFM, Apr 4, 2020.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Hello, is it possible wo disable the headmovement in the Reiza DLC cars?
    Headphysics, speedsensivity, yaw and look ahead are set to 0.

I'm one of those guys who prefer 100% worldmovement, so far I can't find a solution, only happens with the reiza dlc cars.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Have a look in the player.JSON for car and cockpit vibration settings.
    They might help a bit.

HomieFFM likes this.
  3. Corti

Corti Registered

4. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

I set cockpitvibration freq to 0 , but still no change. But thanks for the idea.

I think this is more for the opposite effect, if you want more or smoother head/car movement. But also thank you.

It's weird that this only happens with the Reiza cars, it's like 100% worldmovement is not possible with them :confused:

5. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Indeed, that's similar to stabilise horizon in that it's decoupling the camera and car movement, whereas you want to be bolted to the car.

Each camera is defined in the vehicle's .cam file, including the cockpit camera, and there are some parameters in there controlling orientation rates. Generally the orientation limit is set very high for cockpit and mounted cams (like 999, which I think equates to 999 radians/sec) which places no practical limit on the camera's movement. It's a bit like an extremely low inertia.

I would suspect the normal setup for AMS includes some cockpit camera rate limiting, and that got left in the files during conversion to rF2. But only guessing there.

HomieFFM likes this.
  7. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Thank you for the information, so there is no way to change this on our own.

I'm just curious that nobody mentioned this before, or that they didn't check this before the release,
    I can't be the only one who drives with 100% world movement :confused:

....guess I'm gonna have to leave the reiza car pack in the garage, sadly... :(