Different number of laps for Race 1 and 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhilT, Aug 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. PhilT

PhilT Registered

I'm in the session settings and I've just added a second race however, when I change the number of laps for that session it also changes race 1. I though maybe it needs 2 Qualifying sessions as well so added a second qualifying but this made no difference.

Am I doing something wrong or can you not setup a different number of laps for each race?

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Same on my computer too. Changing the settings on one, changes the other too.
    If the makers do fix this :rolleyes: it would be nice to also have extra options in the 'Grid Position' field.
    I would like to choose for this,...
    - Qualify Order
    - Previous Race Finish Order
    - Reverse Previous Race Order
    - Random Order
    - Position number
    The last two are there already.

Make these options available for online races too would be great as well.
    Inked20210823140719_1_LI.jpg

3. PhilT

PhilT Registered

Yeah I noticed later that all those settings are not really session settings as it currently works. I think this would tie in well with the work they're doing on linked sessions in online. I don't do online (until I get my wheel) but I'd be great to bring some of that online work in linked sessions over to offline. Maybe also tie it back in with the series stuff and, I don't know, maybe even make a championship out of it! (Please note: I do realise I'm treading old ground)

4. PhilT

PhilT Registered

Also, the UI could be a bit more intelligent about showing the different options depending on what you select. I still get confused over whether I'm starting at position 12 (selected) or if quali will override that (more important for multi-quali, multi-race), or when I select time or laps. The appropriate fields should be greyed out. Standard graphical UI stuff.