Different approach to aids

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by jtbo, Dec 8, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I thought about issue that aids create, where driver does not learn to drive better with them, but is letting car drive for himself.

There could be some benefit from help systems that don't take control from player, but are showing recommendations.

I did attempt to draw what came to my mind.

For braking help, it could have bar like I draw on left side of screen that shows distance to braking point, information of braking point might be possible to get from AIW?

Also I draw to tire temp monitor new bars that represent available total grip, so that would be alternative to traction control aid.

For stability aid, I did make 2nd pic, that has kind of g-force monitor, but bit different, it shows two dials, one for steering angle, another for direction car's mass wants to go, adjustment would be such that for example when drifting one would need to align those dials to relatively same spot to avoid spinning as one needs to countersteer to slide so that front wheels and car's travel direction matches, in drifting car's direction of travel is close to same as car's mass direction of travel.

For normal driving one could easily see how far he is from friction limits.

I think that many of these might be possible to achieve with kind of plugin, not sure about braking distance meter, but I think these might be good alternatives for current aids, maybe new aid level, information?

Anyway, just an idea that came to my mind, not sure if anyone else would like from such?

2. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Looks like a pretty good idea and great training tool.