Did the AI got worse or is it mod specific?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlexNordic, May 30, 2018.

1. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

One of the things I enjoy mostly from rF2 is offline racing, and in the few months I've been playing this game I've had a lot of really good races against the AI. But in the last couple of weeks it's like the AI has forgotten how to drive!

I went from enduracers 1.50 to URD's GTE, and I remember having good races. Last week I tried enduracers 2.0 and also had a look to Apex GT3s. And boy, what bunch of first-lap nutcases!

In that process I have also increased the AI difficulty from 90 to 100, so I wonder who's responsible, rF2 or the mod? Has anybody else racing offline noticed something similar?

EDIT: In case somebody says "just play online", I can't find any league or club running races at 22:00GMT, hence I stick with offline.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

I thougt i was going grazy, because i experience the same

3. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Same mods or different ones?

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi. I am only running offline races. So far I've noticed that the ai of the endurance mod drive very risky and are spinning often. Official mods are fine so far. Also the apex ai's are a bit stupid but as far as I know it's mod related.
    Cheers

5. Bozoman500

Bozoman500 Registered

I find it to be more track specific. Did you change locations?

I have been working on setups for the Radical RXC GT3. I went to Atlanta Motorsports Park to work on a tighter turning setup and the Ai take too much curb in turn 4 causing oversteer and the inevitable lap 1 cluster. However at Sebring, Toban, and Silverstone I have seen zero major issues. Just typical Ai programmed error levels.

6. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Try to lower agression-level.

8. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

What's a good value? Off the top of my head I may have reduced it from default (25??) to something like 10 or 15. I guess issues are with enduracers 2.0 and AI cars not being able to manage the tires properly, hence driving erratically.

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It's a mix of everything. Some tracks aren't optimised for AI so they will drive a bit weird (some are happy to be in a Trulli Train in practice and quali and not overtake so times get messed around)

Then there's the rolling start/safety car bug

And the blue flag behaviour...

I find a good agression setting is 30-35% for open wheels, 60% for GTs and about 70% for touring cars. But that depends on the track.

AlexNordic likes this.