DevMode Sound Error Messages

Discussion in 'Modding' started by redapg, May 23, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Who doesn't know them, the annoying Sound Error Meesages about Stereo Files that should be Mono, that we get since a longer While in DevMode.
    And because i am one of the People, that really hates to hit Enter again and again and again... to get something loaded in DevMode, i did try to find a Way to avoid that.
    And because it was said that the Files have to be Mono, i simply converted Stereo Files into Mono Files with
    Audacity, which is made in a few Minutes.
    Here is a short Video that shows how it can be done.
    Please excuse my "stuttering" (I'm not infected by rF2 :)) speaking, English is not my Mother Thong.

Garitt Gibsn, svictor, djbob and 4 others like this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just a quick note: pressing Cancel, once, will stop the errors until you restart devmode. Pressing Ok will require you doing it for every single audio file with this problem.

svictor and djbob like this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

.. and in this Case, converting to Mono means pressing nothing. ;)
    And if Cancel cancels all Messages, i could miss an important one.

svictor, yoss and Corti like this.
  4. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Yes! I'm trying to get some sound files loaded into dev mode for testing and this drives me crazy. Thanks!

yoss and redapg like this.
  5. philrob

philrob Registered

Thanks Chris this will help a lot of people who are struggling with this problem.

yoss, svictor and redapg like this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I didn't see the second part you edited in, and I know sometimes you misunderstand my english so let me try to be very clear:
    1. I said "just a quick note" because I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying overall, and I understand the difference between pressing Cancel and not having the messages at all. You seemed to think you had to press Enter every single time, and that's not true. I'm just providing information you (or others) may not be aware of, because it's not actually obvious.
    2. Pressing Cancel suppresses the Stereo->Mono messages only. Pressing Cancel will not stop you seeing other messages.
    3. Simply downmixing stereo to mono will indeed stop the error messages, but if you are actually working on a mod you should be careful about doing this as it may reduce the overall quality of the sample. (Note! I'm not saying you aren't aware of this @redapg ! I'm saying it for information, in case anyone isn't aware!)
    Peace!

djbob likes this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

I will not reply to that.

yoss likes this.