DevMode Issue

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Bruce Carroll, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Bruce Carroll

Bruce Carroll Registered

After the recent update, the game crashes at the end of the track loading screen in DevMode.. When I switch back to the DX9 version beta.. it works fine. So, should I wait for S397 to release information on updating my models to the new shaders? Or is there something that I can go ahead and change to fix this crashing issue? It has worked fine on previous DX11 betas. I would really like to continue working on the mod under the newest version to tune them to the new graphics shaders, rain physics ect..

Also, I have tried deleting the shaders and cbash folders.. as well as reinstalled the new version.

2. Bruce Carroll

Bruce Carroll Registered

Update: It seems to be an issue with the tracks I have built to test on, the car loads on the Lost Valley ISI track.

3. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

had you cleared the cbash and shaders folders?

4. Bruce Carroll

Bruce Carroll Registered

Yes, I have tried that multiple times.

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Best thing is to back up all your rF2 files and start a new install.More so if you were still using DX9 before the update to DX11. I know it's not supposed to but you maybe getting old file conflict. Updates replace same name files and add new ones but they don't delete or remove no longer used files. This can cause conflict , rare but does happen.

You could try the "Verify integrity of game files" option but if it's a old file conflict this want help. Try it first though if you haven't already.

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

You could move the tracks you have installed at DevMod one by one to see if one of the tracks have a problem with dx11.

7. toebee

toebee Registered

My personal tracks work fine in DevMode however I did have an issue with a few cars. I got them working again by putting all of my loose files in a mas file. I haven't had time to test it but my theory is something changed in DevMode that made it more sensitive to search paths. I assume that the cars I have issues with have incomplete search paths. Hence why throwing everything in mas files fixes them. You could double check your search paths and/or throw everything in mas files to see if it helps. Have you tried the problem tracks in single player?

8. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Also the safety car is showing all the time now.Can it be disable?

9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No, it always was before. Unless you had the safety car spawn out of view or something.

10. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Hmmm,i never saw the safety car in pratice,also im in devmod,the safety car thats shows is one of my mods actualy hehe

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I get the same thing. A car from a mod I have installed. Though it's always the same car that shows as the safety car regardless of the mod or car I'm working on at the time.

Also I've found the GEN. search paths are important to get right for cars so I'd assume it's no different for tracks. Don't work on tracks myself.

12. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If you use all cars and tracks, it should be the Camaro, but if you use a vmod, it will just pick a car from that.

13. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

As many things in rf2, I think it takes the first from the list (in this case the list of car folders). Move the first car you have outside the Vehicles folder and you should get a new SC (the car from the second folder before you moved the first car).

14. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

It doesn't really bother me. We are talking DevMode. I get the Camaro in single player where it matters. Was just making note that Rastas post was/is the same for me.

15. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Ive had trouble with some AIW files since the update. Try removing the AIW and see if it still crashes.