Dev help wanted: Custom track loading hangs

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jorgen, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

The readme states:

I have tried to use some of my 3DSimED converted tracks for testing with this unstable, but none of them load. The loading bar goes to 100% but then everything comes to a halt and I have to kill rF2 through the task manager. Is it possible that an older GMT format can cause the track loading to hang? (Because they all load fine in build 660)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

I'm leaning towards a different problem now, as one of the tracks loads while the other two do not. rF2 seems to get stuck in a loop right before entering the session. I've run with +trace=100 and looked at the trace logs but they all look pretty much identical in terms of printouts. I will go back to build 660 and verify that all three tracks load there.

3. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

All three tracks load fine in build 660. I also compared the .cbash and .rrshd files in the log/cbash folder, and they have the exact same sizes. Not sure what is up with this. It's like the unstable build goes into a loop just before entering the session, because as soon as it gets stuck, the task manager starts flashing and even the mouse cursor movement is affected a bit. I will need help from a dev to understand this problem.