"Detroit" GTE mod with EP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AUY2K, Feb 11, 2020.

1. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

Can you Combine the URD "Detroit" Ford GTE payware mod with the Endurance Pack and have competitive racing or is the Detroit mod over powered?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Detroit is 2 to 3 seconds faster per lap than the S397 GTE cars. Not sure about Le Mans, but I've run it at Sebring and VIR and it's always too fast when driven by AI vs AI. Probably less of a gap when run by humans in multiplayer.

It 'should' merge nicely with the similar payware URD mod for GT cars.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    atomed likes this.
  3. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

Dave - as usual thanks for answering all my questions :)

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

URD said that they lost their physics member for RF2 so not sure that a Detroit car BOP will come

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would be willing to bet the AI performance was probably fairly close to the original release of the GTE Endurance Pack. But then the LM24hr BOP slowed the GTE cars and that, coupled with perhaps newer tires, has caused the difference in pace.

atomed likes this.
  6. J7166

J7166 Registered

Correct, when released the Detroit BoP was spot on. S397 GTE cars got a bit slower with Lemans BoP. I tried talking Ales and Miro into updating the Detroit, but I don't think it will happen. Its not on the same tire model as the S397 GTEs and URD is also concerned S397 will change their GTE cars again (which I hope they do). So its kind of an unfortunate situation, I understand why they are hesitant to update, but the Detroit is so damn good its a shame it cant really be used.

olligreen, kashif and atomed like this.