[REL] Delta Best plugin for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Other' started by cosimo, Apr 20, 2014.

1. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

I have that set to "1" is that right?

2. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I have not tried the V4 yet but I found a bug in V3 :
    At Belgian gp 1966 with Panoz roadster 1999, plugin goes crazy from green to red even after first timed lap.
    That's all for me for now :).
    Thank you.

3. soramame

soramame Registered

It is a great plugin!
    And to convert to rFactor1 future for this plugin it, how it is possible?

4. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Yes this is so nice , like above I would love this for rf1 also , but man :) great plugin just great .

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Would you pay for a rF1 version? ;-)

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have to say that I enjoyed reading all the posts.

I have just updated first post with version 5 of the Delta Best plugin.
    This version implements a feature you asked for: iRacing style coloring of delta best time.

This is it. Due to the aforementioned limitations of the scoring system (or my understanding of it), the coloring might be a bit messy.
    Sometimes it jumps from white to red/green to white and it makes it a bit difficult to understand. Still the color (based on the derivative of the elapsed time) seems to be correct from my tests.

Enjoy,

(I am still considering whether it's better now or before, so if you have opinions, let me know)

7. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Many thanks cosimo, the truth that this great plugin, thanks for the effort, by the way, in my case I had problems when changing from v1 to v4, to fix what I did was remove DeltaBest.txt file that was created with the v1, delete DeltaBest.dll and paste dll v4, sorry my english

8. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Ok, 1 , I have no problem paying for somethink I would like , considering your the one that will do all the work , I don't expect anything free in life so I see this is no different , if you get a reward from this wonderful plugin ( great why not )
    Good luck mate hope you do it :)

EDIT , this is something I've never seen in rf1 on screen ,were you need it , easy to see , I'm amazed it has never being done before for rFactor 1 .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  9. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I tried the new version today. As you said the colors are a little bit messy. I think the interval of the derivative is too short. The value gets updated to often. If it is possible, you should make the interval of the derivative a little bigger. Hard to try to explain it in english :D I hope you understand what i mean :D

10. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I would like a hotkey for (configurable in an .ini file)
    - reset (waiting for new best lap time)
    - show/hide the display

What about the implementation of a voice of an virtual race engineer ?

Edit:

after testing new v5, I must say the colors are changing to quickly for me.
    I am not able to recognize the information as fast as it comes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  11. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Yes. I implemented 3 different methods to decide the color the text, and I'm only satisfied with the original one (faster than best lap=green, slower than best lap=red).
    Will see if I can do better. Otherwise, I'll leave it to the simple method.

12. Anslem C Farmer

Anslem C Farmer Registered

Can someone help me please. Can you give me step by step info of who to put this in the correct folder because I extracted it in Plugins but nothing happened. If successful, do I have to install it my pressing "Managing Mod"?

13. antgen

antgen Registered

You have to put just the file "DeltaBest.dll" into rfactor's plugin folder, nothing more. No "managing mod"
    After the end of the second lap (the first is out of the pit,the second is timed) you'll see it on your screen.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

New version, for me at least, means a mess of white, red and green colors.
    The previous version worked perfectly for me, color wise.

15. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I understand you mean v4 works well for you, while v5 is busted.
    If so, yes, I agree. I have a v6 that I'm testing that is better in that regard. I'm still trying to find a good balance.
    I absolutely don't want the coloring to be confusing, so either I can fine tune the current logic (iRacing-like) to look better, otherwise I'll just revert to the simpler method used in v4.

Version 6 (haven't uploaded it yet, I'm still on it) also adds the ability to switch off/on the delta best time with a key press.
    For now I kept it to TAB, as iRacing, but rF2 uses TAB for driver names, so I'm in search of a better keyboard shortcut.

If you have any suggestions :)

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's just what I meant, couldn't remember the version number. V4 is just about perfect for me, so I'll revert to that until v6 comes out.

Your work is really impressing I must say. This kind of plugin has been on the top of my wish list for a very long time!

Such an awesome way to learn the fastest way around the tracks in real time.
    I've never been a car setup magician, so I depend very much on being able to quickly learn the best techniques for driving different tracks.

Hmmm... Regarding mapping a key to turning the plugin on/off, how about "ctrl + some other key", like the track map plugin (ctrl + space bar, if I remember correctly)??
    How about ctrl+d (for "Delta")? Would that work?

17. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Uploaded v6! (first post updated)

List of changes:
    • Reverted to simple coloring style (red = positive delta, green = negative delta). iRacing style is almost working and it's actually very very useful to understand when you're driving better in a certain part of the track. But... even though coloring is a bit better, it's still a bit off as well. I decided to keep the simple algorithm for coloring for now, until I manage to perfect the iRacing style exactly as I want.
    • Added a keyboard shortcut (CTRL + D) to enable/disable the delta time display. Calculations are done in the background in any case. You have to press CTRL + D thoroughly, a gentle press is not going to work, because of how I do key press checking. Sorry about that, but I figured one doesn't enable/disable all the time.
    • A message in the chat window is now displayed when the plugin is loaded correctly
    • Fixed bugs with spurious values at lap end or start (sometimes delta would go bananas with +50s or so)

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  18. emha76

emha76 Registered

Great plugin, thanks!

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Like a boss, mate. Like a boss. :cool:
    Can't wait to try it.

20. Miro

Miro Registered

Cosimo you need a button! One of this yellow kind, you know. Where people can express them selves how much they appreciate your work. ;)