Default weather files?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kro388th, Nov 2, 2014.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I have a question regarding the defrent weather tabs for a dedacated server .
    I know how the scryped weather works with the 3 sessions P,Q,R with the segment drop downs ect.. but this has nothing to do with that part ..what I want to know pertains to the weather tab on the final page of the ded you know right above wher you can excellrate the time by the LAUNCH button , this tab has a few choises like sunny, overcast, rain and Default ! This is what I'm interested to understand and I'll explane why later but is ther a file someware that assignes weather for that DEFAULT selection? In the track files or someware that we can edit or create a scrypt for to be able to bypass the regular weather scripting program we have like I mentioned above?

What brought this to mind is the default weather for the latest São Paulo track ISI just realesed ! With the default selected you get an amazing sun/rain/sun that's more like a torential downpoor ! With sun breaks and all , it's somthing like I would create with the regular weather scrypt , but it's simply from choosing the default weather with the drop down mentioned above .

So how can I create a default weather pgrm for any said track?

Now my reason for this is simply because the admins for my league cannot use the regular weather scrypt due to ther own reasons so in order to get some cool weather effects I thought that if it's possable for São Paulo's default to have it why can't I edit other tracks to be able to use default to
    get some weather ?

So in short is it possible to edit/create a weather script that can be used as the default selection from the final drop down on the dedicated server (last page weather drop down )

Thx for any help here :)

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Anyone ?? can a DEV point me in the right direction to create/edit the "default" weather script to bypass the regular server weather set up in the ded ?

someone had to write the default weather fort sao Paulo as it has the storme every time ..that's what I need for other tracks ..

Thx ..

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The primary MAS file in the installed track folder contains a .wet file that defines the weather you're talking about. This follows the normal naming convention; so there's a SaoPauloGP.scn, SaoPauloGP.gdb, etc... including a SaoPauloGP.wet. This appears to be the source of the default weather. Presumably this would work with any track if done the same way.

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thank you Lazza!

I guess ill have to open them up and have a look !
    I wonder if editing these might cause a missmatch ?
    Im thinking no caz its the weather ill be messin with but IDK ...

thx again !

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Any changes to anything in the MAS files will mismatch I think. You'd have to create a new component.