Default chassis export of FISI 2012

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by doddynco, Feb 4, 2022.

1. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Something that has plagued my modding experience in Rf2 is the fact that the default car in the spreadsheet is exported with seemingly the wrong chassis co-ordinates for the front and rear sub-body. I.e, the chassis is exported with the F&R sub-body's Y (vertical) axis as 0. Even though the centre point for these object should be above 0 (somewhere near the vertical CoG probably)

The reason this complicates things is because the inner suspension contact points are now at the incorrect location, relative to the body.

I don't want to think about the amount of headache and lost hours this has caused me. Learning to mod this game by yourself is an absolute mountain but this single issue has made anything to do with chassis's a bit of a miserable experience.

So now, I think I can reduce it to this question: Why does the deafult spreadsheet export the FISI 2012 with the chassis beneath the ground and the inner suspension links too high, like this :

Untitled.png

Instead of like this good example, like this:

upload_2022-2-4_17-56-3.png

2. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

How does it look in moddev? If you cycle ctrl+d (if I remember it right) few times it should show the suspension arms and inertia boxes.