Dedicated Servers Stopped Connecting to Matchmaker

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by GrimDad, Mar 3, 2012.

1. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Anyone else having matchmaker connection problems?
    Our servers have been working OK up until today...:(

edit:
    They still connect sometimes but the connection drop shortly after starting up.
    All ports are open

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
  2. Roadster

Roadster Registered

It seems to be a (temporary?) general matchmaker issue as I have trouble loading the gamelist at the moment. I have the same problem with the server also. I think the waiting game is the way to go here and leave everything as is. :)

3. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thanks for confirming it's a matchmaker problem Roadster....

I've just installed rf2 back on our old server and the dedicated servers aren't working there too.
    Like you said it's a waiting game. Hopefully those nice Americans aren't having a Saturday lay in ;)

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Just checked on my servers. Are running still, and I was also able to set up a new one. It did connect to the matchmaker service.

Perhaps they fixed the issue already?

5. 10speed

10speed Registered

nope

6. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Our servers are showing in the lobby again now but there is big lag in the chat and other cars keep disappearing when watching them from the pits.

7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Still having issues, or is all working normal again?

I had some issues with my private server yesterday, but that was due to my own fault (changed nic, didn;t change port forwarding). The community server is running ok. On both I was and still am able to setup servers, and start new ones.

I have not seen those issues you discribe above GrimDad. So I hope all works well now at your side.

8. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

No more problems getting servers to show in the lobby and they are updating to matchmaker OK so that seems to be fixed.

Thanks for asking!

9. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

We are still getting loads of lag. Disappearing cars when watching them from the pits or following someone on track.

Impossible to race like it is now......

Edit:
    The lag issue was being caused by a plugin for live monitor (early version) left in the plugins folder.
    DoH! All fixed now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Since Build60 i havent been exactly active with the beta, but now we are organising an rf2 event in our league and it seems things are pretty unstable?

Multiple people cannot get on our server (connection failed message) and also very frequent disconnections whilst on the server.
    Server is showing in lobby though.
    (one member having very frequent disco's reports an rf-restart seemed to have fixed it for the moment)

Rebooting the server helps but i suspect only for that moment, any joiners comming in later might get the same conn. failure.

We had no such issues with Build49

11. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

How many people on the server when the disconnects start happening?
    We had issues with our old low spec server but have upgraded to a more powerful server now and haven't had any disconnects since.

What are your server spec's?

12. 10speed

10speed Registered

The server specs are no problem I think. Running it on a 8-core Xeon, 12 GB RAM & 100 Mbit/s, still the lobby connection is very unstable.

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Apparently an old commercial machine;
    P4 528 2,8ghz 1 gb RAM, conn. Speedtest.net says 10 Mb/s Down and 50 Mb/s Up.

Maybe its a RAM issue, we've got acces to the whole thing so are closing down things in the background and see what it does.

Issues was with not many people on the server.
    Sunday is the event itself, much more peeps, we'll see how it go's then.

14. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@ Denstjiro

I would say it's the server it self...the internet connection is good but a P4 is only single core cpu & 1 gig ram isn't enough.
    Our old server was dual core 2.1ghz 1gig ram, it wasn't enough.

If you need a server for Sunday PM me :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
  15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx for the offer man, realy appreciate it :)

But we are going to use our own. We are planning rf2 events during our rf1 championships this season, so we can test updates from ISI on a regular basis using our events that start with adminning the server, setting it up, doing some website implementations, results (albeit still wip), all the way down to individual driver testing. And we can only do that on our own server.

Our first real test was a stress test to see how the server itself would hold, it was on build49 and we got 20 drivers max on the event i think, 15 or so per day in open practise.
    No issues with connections at all, it was pretty flawless. In fact it suprised us, we had expected allot of issues and it went great.
    The only real problem was fps and that got a big boost in build60 for induvidual drivers (although Monaco still isn't a good idea)

20 drivers is about 50% grid size overall for us so we still have some testing ahead but so does ISI :)

I agree RAM might be an issue but then again, no issues with build49 so the matchmaker issues and disco's would not be completely related to it(?) (or even related at all?)

In what respect was it not enough on your old server GrimDad?

16. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

We had a few drivers disconnecting for no apparent reason and it had some stuttering....the cpu was running nearly flat out with less than 10 drivers & with low ram it uses virtual ram which made the server feel like it was struggling to keep up with events on track. If there were car crashes during the race other drivers reported stuttering at the same point.

We were due to renew our Leaseweb server so I made the decision to upgrade...we now have an i5 with 16gig ddr3 from Multiplay and it transformed the way rf2 runs, it's much smoother now.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just to report back, we had our event tonight, not as many drivers as we had hoped for (15 in practise and 12 in race), but it seemed the connections issues are gone for now, i did reboot the server just before the event but have not had any reports yet and no apparent disco's either.

We did put some effort in closing crap in the background on the machine itself (we're not the only ones using it) and RF2 was the only active server/application running for the night.

Having said that, doing a full week in rf2 including 2 club events and the race today realy got us forward as drivers, understanding the sim, trying out stuff, discovering little gems, aiming for gold in shaving tenths of seconds.
    And the racing itself, 25 laps, boy oh boy, now i feel abit hesitant to go back to rf1 on monday, such a great rf2 race, this sim is just frigging awesome. How the tires work alone on an evolving track, its an adventure, a quest, a rollercoaster ride, never dull, allways on the edge and moreover, realy pushing the driver to keep it real, or else.....
    Good job so far ISI :)

18. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Currently, no servers to be connected to MatchMaker.
    The list of servers to be totally empty.

Babs:(

19. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

I can't connect at all,online button in the launcher is greyed out,was ok 10 or 15 mins ago.

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Same here...