Dedicated server.

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Thor, May 3, 2013.

1. Thor

Thor Registered

Create a dedicated server and when I open the game it does not appear. I want to play with a friend by dedicated server. Can someone help me. Help please. Thank you. Sorry about the terrible google translation.

2. Gartzen

Gartzen Registered

3. Thor

Thor Registered

4. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Are you trying to connect via ip/port? or connect using the lobby system?

5. Thor

Thor Registered

The modem is connected directly to my PC. He goes through the router before you get to my PC.

I connected the modem directly to the PC and even then my server does not appear in the list of servers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
  6. JGraf

JGraf Registered

check this.

Multiplayer.ini
    [ Multiplayer Server Options ]
    Announce Allowed="1" // Whether to announce server to matchmaker
    Announce Host="1" // Whether servers will attempt to register with the matchmaking service

7. Thor

Thor Registered

Thanks for the help! But nothing has changed.

Appears with 0. I put 1, is the same thing. The server does not appear on my list. Please ISI. Which ports have to open the rotiador? Have to open it? Please! One solution.

8. Thor

Thor Registered

:eek:Discover the problem. To appear in the server list online. You have to create a MOD of the track and car of their choice. After that the MOD have to register to be able to appear in the list of servers. Here in this video you learn to create. The program is already in the folder rFactor2. No need to put the router open. I hope it has helped many. I was many hours to figure it out. 2 days. Just do everything that's in this video that will appear in the list of servers dedicated server. Thanks and sorry the translation of google.

9. mister2cc

mister2cc Registered

I'm not sure I understood well. You guys are telling me that now the only way to host a race is do this 5 minutes work? Are ISI kidding? Why is this? Rfactor 1 had a simple HOST button, like all the other games in the world, where you just set the race options and get into your own server, while everybody on the internet can see it on the list and easily join it. Why this change now? I'm really confused. I think I'm really going to ask for my money back if this is the only solution to host a race.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

5 mins of your time? Your time is that precious that 5 mins if far too much time? Gosh!

11. mister2cc

mister2cc Registered

Actually understanding what a VMOD and a RFMOD are, opening all those ports for the dedicated server, try and do what is in that video, owning ANOTHER PC just to run a racing game, yes, that takes far more than 5 minutes and especially it takes more than 0 seconds, like it used to be with the first Rfactor when you just could press the HOST button.

I just don't understand this step backwards.

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Doesn't seem too much to be honest. Welcome to PC gaming.... it is NOT plug and play, even if you might want it to be. It has room for flexibility.

With Rfactor 1 you still had to set up ports and things. This is normal for setting up gaming servers.

13. MJP

MJP Registered

As Woodee says it's just like rF1, only difference is if you decide to make and serve up your own vmod(s). You don't need another pc either, you can host and drive on same pc.

14. mister2cc

mister2cc Registered

Allow me to disagree. I don't know how old you are, I'm 36 and used to set things up when PCs had DOS as operative system. I'm not a console kid, I just don't like when new versions of softwares or games contain less features than the previous versions, forcing the user to do unnecessary efforts, unless there is a very good reason for it (which i dont see here).
    I hosted races on RF1 with no problems or lags whatsoever, and taking off this possibility in RF2 is a step backwards, as little as it can seem to you.
    If we were in 1998 I could totally agree, but it's 2013 for god's sake.

15. mister2cc

mister2cc Registered

Thanks a lot for this video :) (did you make it for me?? wow!)
    Anyway, I tried exactly to do the same and the server don't appear on the list. I opened the ports 54297, 54397, 44297 (both TCP and UDP) for the right IP address. Do you know if I'm doing something else wrong? Thanks for your help.

I also noticed that the loading time to get on the track is much much faster than on my pc (I have a 8 core processor....). Maybe is someting wrong with my game? I have the 198 build.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
  16. MJP

MJP Registered

Only thing I can think of is are you choosing a valid registered (v)mod in the first dedicated pop up window where it asks which 'game database' you wish to use? You can use an existing one either downloaded from a website or (get)mod in the multiplayer lobby or you can make your own.

As I do next to no hosting I can't say I've noticed it before but for some reason there seems to be installed car component files in the 'game database' drop down box as well as valid registered (v)mods. If you try and launch a host using these component only files you'll find there'll be no 'Matchmaker Status' or 'Submit ID' in the last server window.

As for the loading time, yes that did seem quicker than usual, it normally takes longer more the pity lol.

17. Spadge

Spadge Registered

How fast is your disk drive?

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I'm 33... and I was brought up on DOS :)

19. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

If you see the date of the post it's almost a year ago?
    Sure I have previously hosted with no problems,was being shown and joinable in lobby.
    There's an update (core?) shortly I think so I'll wait and do a clean install.

20. mister2cc

mister2cc Registered

Hi, I've tried to do as in the video, but no luck. My server doesn't appear in the list.
    I added RF2 dedicated.exe to the firewall exceptions and opened te right ports, so I really don't know why this happens. I'm trying to do server and client on the same pc....:(