Dedicated Server - Workshop Content - SteamCMD - .cache files only

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Carr, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Carr

Carr Registered

I am having an issue with downloading some of the workshop content through SteamCMD, it is only downloading the .cache file at a size of approx 2kb instead of the full content.

Sebring worked correctly
    Bathurst was .cache
    Karts was .cache
    Limerock was .cache
    Enduracers Endurance Series worked correctly

Fresh install of both SteamCMD and rF2

I am using the command, obviously with my details in it.
    steamcmd.exe +login "insert User and Password here" +workshop_download_item 365960 537635582 +quit

Screenshot of outcome
    [​IMG]

I didn't have to use SteamCMD for this before as I still had the .rfcmp's from before steam, but no longer have them due to a system crash. Any help appreciated.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

S397 content can't be downloaded via the steam cmd method atm.....you'll need to copy the rfcmp from your full game ( will be in the cache folder...delete the .cache extension) to the server...check conversation on discord after your question.

Cheers

G

3. Carr

Carr Registered

Cheers Goanna. Thanks for the help.

4. Carr

Carr Registered

Ok, carrying over from Facebook. I brought up the question of more (not new) content possibly having the problem of not being available through SteamCMD as it is now included in the main install. This is the reason I was told that the current unavailable items don't work and caused the 2kb file to be downloaded instead of the full .rfcmp. So will this updated content that is now included also have the problem? Is there any other way to get the included content other than downloading the full install? I don't have the HDD space on the VM we rent to be able to keep all of it and any time there is an update anything I remove, which would be all but 2 or 3 items, would be re-downloaded just to be able to do the update and I would have to go through and delete all the not used stuff again.

It is all well and good to include more content in the main install to make it easier and appear more complete for the average buyer of rF2, but if it is too hard to get content on a server, there will be less places for them to be able to drive it.

5. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

6. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

It's getting more and more difficult to run a rF2 server, that's for sure!
    There should be ONE place for additional content to be located and made
    available for direct download. If there is one, I'm having an impossible time of
    finding it.

After last build, my server doesn't have Brianza on it anymore, and I can't find it.

Thanks,

Bryan

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I have to agree here, struggling around for hours, running into bugs and issues. The current stage is not userfriendly.