SOLVED Dedicated Server Slow to Load

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by JimmyT, Sep 2, 2018.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I have been running a dedicated server for a while and have recently noticed that it is taking much longer to load the track.
    I run the server for a friend and myself to race against AI.
    We have 16 AI and a ten lap race.
    We may use 3 different car types and tracks (all as different rfmods) usually 10 laps each in an evening.So I start the server we race then I exit the server then start a new one.
    I click on the shortcut for Dedi.exe (it takes about 15 seconds to initialise)
    then select the rfmod then click "vehicles" 2 seconds for screen to change
    click "config" instant screen change then check weather selections and save
    click "options" instant screen change, check settings then
    click "Load Track" then have to wait 45 to 60 seconds for the server to say it's loaded and start the uptime: timer.
    I haven't made significant changes to the PC that runs the server and so I am wondering if anyone can give ma an idea as to what causes the slow down. BTW the server PC has no slowing problems with other software running on it

As extra information let me add that when I run the mas2.exe on the server and select create package then create new mod package, once I click that it takes a similar time to bring up the package creation window as below.
    Capture.JPG

2. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Sounds about normal to me, launch the dedi I think takes longer because of the amount of vmods it has to check/load into the list. So maybe remove older ones that you won't be used again, might make it quicker, just a theory. All the other load times r the same on our servers.
    I use teamviewer to connect to our servers.

SS

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks @SmellySkidmark I thought it used to be quicker, maybe I'm less patient lately :)
    If that's about standard I'll stop worrying.

GrimDad likes this.
  4. ceecee

ceecee Registered

@JimmyT , here it is also taking much longer now than before to load .
    This is only recent, until then it loaded quite swiftly, using the same mod all this year.
    I cleaned up the vMods but this did not change anything.
    SteamCMD updated and verified.
    We run a similiar dedi, 2 players and 18 AI, F1 2018 season, 30 min race, 2 pitstops.

JimmyT likes this.
  5. ceecee

ceecee Registered

As extra information let me add that when I run the mas2.exe on the server and select create package then create new mod package, once I click that it takes a similar time to bring up the package creation window as below.
    View attachment 17248 [/QUOTE]

@JimmyT
    To solve the MAS2.exe delay then do the following :
    In windows explorer navigate to C:\Users\Computer Name\AppData\Roaming and delete pkginfo.dat

JimmyT likes this.
  6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks @ceecee I had done that once before but couldn't remember where to find it again, (old brain storage issues) will give it a crack and see how that goes. :)