Dedicated server Port 64298 not listening

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Duncan, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Hi all,

i try to install a dedicated server but can't see it on matchmaker.
    I read all the posts regarding such a problem and i have not found any answer which helps me.

It seems the dedicated server doesn't listen on the port 64298. It's not a firewall problem or a router problem.
    When i start the dedicated server on my game computer i can see the app listening on the port 64298 (netstat -an command in console) when i start the dedicated server on my server the app doesn't listen on port 64298. I guess it's the reason why i can't see my server on the matchmaker.
    On the server i use steamcmd.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Thx for your reply.

The server is a vm in Datacenter.
    The router of the datacenter doesn't filter the ports and my firewall accepts all the udp and tcp ports required by rF2.
    Like i said before i don't think the problem is in the network config, i am not an expert but i manage several servers since 20 years so i begin to understand routing and firewall rules.

The netstat -an command shows that nothing listens on 64298 and 64299 ports which are open by rF dedicated as soon as the track is loaded (i cheked that on the game computer). I guess these ports are required by the matchmaker. It probably means that the plugin doesn't work on the server though it's well configured in the CustomPluginVariables.JSON.

Really strange.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Doesn't steamcmd server need a different port? 27xxx?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, scratch that, was confused. Another thread in this forum has someone saying similar, and was fixed by something important but easily overlooked - run all the vcredist files (all of them) in the support\runtimes folder. Servers have fewer runtimes as standard, and the steamplugin won't run without them.

5. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Thx for your reply.
    Was in vacation until now.
    Will try this fix asap.
    and i am in bridge mode. No problem with rFactor 1 and Pcars.

6. Duncan

Duncan Registered

I repair all the vcredist but no effect....:(