(Dedicated Server) missing option to setup two consecutive races on the same track

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DocJones, Apr 6, 2012.

1. DocJones

DocJones Registered

There are quite a few motorsport series in the real world that run events of two consecutive races on the same track, some with a sprint race followed by a longer main race. I would like to see an option in dedicated server settings for an optional 2nd race so you don't have to restart the weekend or even restart the server (the latter necessary if you want to run a sprint and main race; losing all the grip on the track in the process). Add a configurable option to reverse (part of) the grid as seen in real life series. Saves server admins a bunch of work. Cheers.

2. Radar

Radar Registered

Nice idea.. I like that.. A tickbox or similar to indicate 2 races, this could then allow you to configure the 2nd race before starting the game server.. Nice wish :)

3. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

+1 from here too.

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Technically, you can set up up to 4 races (and up to 4 qualifications) within a race weekend, but you have to set that manually in plr file.
    Of course, it would be more useful to be able to do that from within dedicated server window.

5. DocJones

DocJones Registered

That is indeed new to me. Unfortunately though it's no solution to the sprint and main race scenario as one cannot individually set a race distance/lenght for the 2nd race.