Dedicated Server exports race data & identify drivers.

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Pitbi, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Pitbi

Pitbi Registered

Hi,

I have the project of creating a server for championships. I would like to publish the race results on a website, not necessarily in live, after the end of sessions. *I use the XML output to "\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\Log\Results" to grab the result data.

My first question is, is this the best solution to import race data?

The second - and most important - question is: how can I uniquely identify the drivers between races. In the XML file, there are only the driver names. It is not a safe way to validate the relation between the driver in the game and the person registered on the website. Do you guys have any ideas as to how I could uniquely and safely identify a driver? An ID or email address would have been perfect, but the XML tree does not display such unique *keys*.

Thanks for your help.

2. dandar

dandar Registered

XML it's the only way to get the results from a race. Unless some plugin will do a better job suitted to your needs. In rfactorcentral.com I believe there is already a plugin for rf2 to publish race results online.
    But there is no such unique id in the xml yet. I don't know the plans to add it. Some online leagues requieres that the drivers log into the server with their matching forum username, and some use their real name to avoid nicks with special characters.