Dedicated server crashing..

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Radar, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Radar

Radar Registered

I've posted in the Build 85 previously but as Build 90 doesn't have a Server thread I'll post in this one for the time being..

I've been trying to work on getting 2 rF2 dedicated servers running on the one physical machine. It's a proper dedicated server so all ports are open, it has previously run rF1 servers (5 in fact) without problems..

I'm wondering if anyone has had these issues where one or more of your dedicated servers are shutting down.. The message on the dedicated server says (Matcher Status: Could not connect to matchmaker)

It does start with Matcher Status: Server added successfully then changes to Matcher Status: Server updating successfully. Server is using all of about 2%..

I've tried the following..

Different Ports.
    Default mulitplayer.ini and Player files.
    Scripted weather, and just sunny weather.
    Standard ISI mods and tracks
    Other mods and tracks..

I'm only running one other program which is one rF1 server. No other programs are running.

So I am lost as to what the problem might be..

Does anyone else have these issues ?

2. Radar

Radar Registered

Looks like I may have solved the crash.. As I tried so many settings, one I missed and left on was the pausing of the server when no drivers are in there.. If this is left off, the timer counts down and 'may' proceed to the next session and or track..

It would be nice to have this setting to 1 while no players are in there.. I'd be interested to know if others have looked at this setting and have experienced the same thing..

Setting in Multiplayer.ini file.

Pause While Zero Players="0" // Whether to pause a dedicated server (and stay in practice session) if no human players are present