Dedicated Server Crash Error

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Brett Powell, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Brett Powell

Brett Powell Registered

Hi,

We have been trying to get RFactor2 Servers up and running through TCAdmin pretty much since the release of the files. One of our customers has expressed a large interest in being able to run these servers on his machine, and we would really like to get this going for him.

Background: I have downloaded both the core RF2 server files as well as the additional mod packages to our File Server. The RFactor2 server files were installed, had the mods installed via Mod Manager, had the Data folder placed in the root directory, and then compressed for installation by our customers.

Problem: When running the server using the non-GUI executable, the server is crashing with the error ""Core component Ambient Sounds v1.0 is missing, invalid or damaged. Unable to continue. Please reinstall rFactor2." however the server runs fine when launched from the GUI.

Command Line: As of now, the Command Line is set to "Core/rFactor2 Dedicated.exe +path=..\Data" which seems to be working fine minus the issue that I mentioned above.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this? Thank you.

2. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

Would be interested in hearing information on these errors too from some people that have run both TCAdmin & rFactor.

3. Sammy Sekowski

Sammy Sekowski Registered

Also I would like to hear how to solve this problem>

Thanks

4. Diablo

Diablo Registered

This should solve your problems: