dedicated server car skin question

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by badun, May 27, 2020.

1. badun

badun Registered

excuse me if this is not the correct section for the question, but i think its technical.
    If I run e.g. 3 dedi's on one pc, each with their own 'profile' when loaded, my question is....is it possible to run 'profile b' without it seeing 'profile a' which has/uses a custom car skins pack. is there a workaround

thanks

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Don’t know if this will work, but you could try making two more packages folders (packagesB and packagesC) and put rfcmp’s for the respective profiles in those folders. The downside that I can see is that every time you run the mas tool or the mod manager you will have to tell it which packages folder you wish to use.
    The other alternative would be installing 3 separate server installs, each with their own packages folders....and if I remember correctly you will still have to point the mas and mod manager tool to the correct folder each time( they both seem to remember the last place they went).

3. badun

badun Registered

thanks for the reply goanna, while i was typing the question i thought of a possible solution.
    have dedicated server installed in 2 different folders. the second location only have the cars required without the skin pack, just have profiles names to sort out and of course ports. our admin is going to test it soon.

Goanna likes this.
  4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Yeah that should work too...just tell your admin or whomever is creating the race events/installing rfcmp’s to keep and eye on what the mas tool and mod manager packages folders they are pointing to.