Dedicated server and start rF2.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bkim, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Either way it does not work.
    I start RF2 MP, alt-tab back to desktop, start dedicated server: Error: rFactor 2 doesn't work anymore. Looking at detailsL appcrash etc etc.
    If i start the dedicated server before i start up rF2, im able to set it up and it runs. So now i want to go into MP to race on my own server: nope. As Soon as i want to start up rF2 MP: Same error: doenst work anymore, needs to close, im sorry this time see you around bye bye.

Where do i go wrong? This is a fresh 382 install.

Gr. B.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can't really offer any advice, but I'd never tried to start a dedi and then join it in MP, so I just tried it and it worked fine. So all I can tell you is it can/does work. Not sure I can really help you with finding out why it's not for you.

Are you running any plugins?

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You have to click the local checkbox which is right under the join button otherwise it will try connecting to your public IP which most routers will not route.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He's not getting that far Noel.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Oh. Helps if I read the whole post without making assumptions. :)

6. Bkim

Bkim Registered

Five minutes ago i wanted to test the MP again and to my confusion i saw three greyed out start boxes...:confused:
    I logged in and i reactivated...now everything is good again. Anyways, problem stays. From the luancher im able to setpu the dedicated server.
    When i want to enter MP online, i receive the error Rf@ needs to close. Details are appcrash bladiebla.