Dedi not visible in Steam server browser (client within the same LAN)

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by gornes, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Barnes

Barnes Registered

I've done everything here and still can't see my server in the steam list. my friends cant see my server either .My friends on steam try to make a server they can't see their own server and I can't see it. I'm sick of trying to get it to work and hope that the makers of rFactor 2 and Steam are working to fix this issue because I shouldn't be going through all of this just to get a rf2 server running. It should work for everyone right out of the box and if it doesn't the makers should fix it, not me.

2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

For now i suggest you to create a account on amazonws, the free tier gives you a windows machine for 1 year.

3. Barnes

Barnes Registered

I apologize. I deleted my last post. I fixed it by opening the ports in my router. My routers firewall is off but I still had to add the rFactor2/ Steam ports before I could see my room in the WAN list. It seems to be working for me now.

4. nickcrete

nickcrete Registered

I had same problem for too long, after moving to steam,i had tested every possible settings but server was not visible at matchmaker while using +connect shortcut everyone could join. Accidentally i discovered that i had somehow turned off the steam plugin, turned it on again and now works like good old "pre-steam" days :)

5. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Nickcrete could you please give a step by step guide to show what you did to get things working?
    I could use your help ... Thanks

6. nickcrete

nickcrete Registered

Sure, nothing difficult. I opened rFactor 2\UserData\player\CustomPluginVariables.json file with notepad and noticed the folowing code:
    "SteamPlugin.dll":{
    " Enabled":0

Changed to

"SteamPlugin.dll":{
    " Enabled":1

saved it and created a server. After couple server lists refreshes the server showed finally !

7. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

You can enable it in "single player mode > Options > Plugins" too.