Dedi not visible in Steam server browser (client within the same LAN)

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by gornes, Apr 15, 2016.

1. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Yep, that's how it's working now. Non steam clients can see and join. Steam clients can't see it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

and opposite....

Start a non-steam dedi:

Can't see in launcher list
    Can't see in server list

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

You can use CurrPorts v2.22 to find out which ports to open in your router.
    www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

The con with new build is that get missing component is not working and it may effect public racing.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

The server is reachable because I can join through direct connect and people can join from the normal matchmaker in game list.

5. wacha

wacha Registered

I'm also having this problem. I set up a dedicated server and only the non-steam players can see it. If they revert to the previous build, then they can see it but cannot enter due to the different version of the game. There's something wrong with the new Steam build.

6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Those of you having issues connecting to your own server via LAN, have you selected "LAN" from the dropdown menu in the Steam Launcher Matchmaker? The default is set to WAN.

7. gornes

gornes Registered

I tried it several times but the server never appeared there. It now appears in the the main list with all server when I connect from a subnet.

8. Florea Calin

Florea Calin Registered

Gonna post something also, idk if it would help tho. So if i understand this corectly,
    You got steam version, and you put up dedi, and only people outside steam can find it, and not people with steam version (wich have that new browser in the launcher)
    View attachment 19822
    View attachment 19823
    This is my thing, i guess this is what you want? actually? also just gor a report from a friend with steam version, that he can see it, dont know anyone yet with non steam version.
    To clarify i'm starting dedi on the same computer as my game is, only 1 computer here, with a router. Don't have 2 of them to test that. Also shouldnt LAN be dead already? Your dedi should connect out and be connected to, trough the WAN, so your other computer should find it on WAN, tho both pc's would have the same wan ip i guess, maybe thats the problem. I'm i talking stupid here? i might haha,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016
  9. Christopher Elliott

OK this is something that just came in,

For LAN servers to show in Steam Matchmaker you will need to make the following change in your Multiplayer.JSON

- The HTTP Server port needs to be a number from 27013 to 27018

Example

"HTTP Server Port":27013,

or

"HTTP Server Port":27014,

And so on...

10. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

What about WAN?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

11. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

Makes no sense, i can put up a server with absolutely any port, i used 6667 and 6668 or 9000 and 9001 works no matter what, of course as long as you open them. Also did any of you upgrade the firmare on their router? Cause that fixed some crazy **** i was dealing with, never thought of doing that and i tried so many things even tim couldn't help me at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

12. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

For the original poster, don't use lan at all, just search in wan, make shure you set your network right tho. Ip, subnet and all that. So many variables, might as well just put up dedi from the same pc as your game, much easier and more economical Hehe

13. gornes

gornes Registered

Thanks Christopher, that finally helped and my dedicated server is now visible from my client in the same LAN. :)

Hope you guys soon manage to solve that 'invalid password' issue, too.

14. Christopher Elliott

Good to hear :)

15. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

Very weird solution, but hey, nothing makes sense in this domain, so whatever works :)

16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Yeah, thats the Solution:), Thanks!

17. Christian Wolter

Unfortunately, this is not the solution, now I see though my server but it is no longer visible on the WAN.

18. gornes

gornes Registered

Did you remember to open this and other specific TCP and UDP ports too?
    If "HTTP Server Port":27013, then you open TCP 27013, and also UDP 27014,27015

19. Christian Wolter

yes I have. But I have now the solution for the problem: The change in Muliplayer.JSON file must not be carried out. Currently I have the port 64297 registered as HTTP server port. My Dedicated Server starts and is published correctly. But as descriptions, I do not see the server. The Reason is: you must create an explicit rfactor Launcher shortcut on the desktop. In "Target" field then should be the following added [192.168.0.1 is here your PC]:

"C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" +connect 192.168.0.1:64297 +Password

The server can be seen in the Matchmaker and your Friends can connect, and you can connect directly to it with the Shortcut, and everyone is happy:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    peper61 likes this.
  20. Radar

Radar Registered

So what if you have a few servers ? before I had to have about 100 between each server (ports) for the other servers to work with skins, download content etc. With the ports mentioned, does that mean I could run each server a port one after the other?