dedi logfile details

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Racki, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Racki

Racki Registered

As I have introduced here I am working on rF2 support for RaceApp.eu

There are some minor difficulties which I kindly ask for clarification.

1. character encoding
    I read the file by defaulting to UTF-8 but that broke german Umlaute. ISO 8859-1 seems do be a correct encoding. Is it the best approach?

2. isPlayer flag in Driver section
    There was a report that isPlayer becomes 0 when the driver finishes the race correctly but leaves the lobby too soon. Can you tell me how the logic behind isPlayer is supposed to work to better understand it?

Background: Because of GDPR I am anonymizing driver names when they do not have a confirmed RaceApp driver account. Contrasting to that I do not anonymize AI drivers of course. The issue rises when a real driver is flagged as ai driver.

3. Incidents
    3a)
    The logfile contains lines like 'Driver A (22) reported contact (0.06) with another vehicle Driver B (22)' only in descriptive form
    I wish there was a more structured way to read driver, opponent and impactscore but I have to do some string parsing for now. If you are working on that some day I appreciate if you can improve that
    PS: Lap number would also be a very welcome addition

3b)
    For one incident there seems to be multiple entries. Not only driver A with driver B and the other way round but also driver A with himself and driver B with himself. And that whole section becomes duplicated then.
    Please look at the attachment to see a bulk of entries with the same et value for better understanding.

thank you,
    Chris

Attached Files: