Dear Studio 397 Help please

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Paul McC, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hi there Studio 397, im absoloutely loving Rfactor2 at the moment and have purchased quite a few packs recently. There are a few things though that i would like to do but dont understand how to. Sorry if these questions have been asked before but ive looked through forums and asked folks but nothing seems to work, so I thought id as you guys:

1. Some of the upgrades do not seem to work, for instance I wanted to upgrade the class package for the Kodi ZR from A type to Z type so i go to tuning and the option is there, I click on Z type and the car changes to that package, then come out of Tuning and go to race that car but it stays as A type, what am I doing wrong?
    Also how do I actually use Force setup.

2. When I select a car there are 3 options at the bottom of the menu: BACK, TUNING, AI EDIT. Ai edit is always greyed out, what is this and how do I use it? There is also under the cars picture: Custom AI parameters for track class. I set this but it never seems to have saved my settings when i go back, why is this?

3. AI Setups... In the pits there is the garage menu and in there are the buttons for saving setups and assigning etc. So I understand that I can use the Assign button to make Rfactor remember i want to use that setup for that track, I understand I can use the compare button to compare my setups side by side (id like to compare with AI setup also after theyve practiced, how do I do this?). But I dont understand AI Setup, how do I use this button?
    I thought it was to get the AI to use my setup, i was told by someone on a server that i could save my setup then click AI setup and it would give all the AI my setup, yet after loading my setup the AI Setup button remains greyed out, if i then click on an AI car in the standings and go to garage its then un greyed and i can click it, does this mean I am then giving that specific AI car my setup?
    Ive mucked about with this and seems somehow i managed to get 1 or two of the AI using my setup, i could tell as I made a test setup with very low gear ratios then ran a race at an oval and two of the cars id clicked AI setup for were not achieving top speed, like mine as we all had the low gears. But im not sure how i did this and the next time i went to that track and car the two cars still seemed to have my setup, i was wondering how to get them back to defaults.
    I would love to know for sure how to make all cars use my setup and to make individual cars use my setup, and even how I could try using the fastest AI's setup or at least see it to compare.

4. When hosting does the RANDOM button in server options weather sectionactually work, always check it but havnt had any varied weather yet on my server. Also would be great to have a random weather option for single player, might this ever happend.

Anyway, hope you can help, sorry about all the questions but there is no manual to read and I will be using this sim alot over the winter so need to know.

Cheers!

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I did a few quick tests and can help you with #1.
    Once you select an upgrade you must then select the "Force Setup" at the top of the upgrade list.
    If you want to change an upgrade that you have "Forced" just select the upgrade and select the "Reset Setup"

3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thankyou ADSTA but this did not work, i see there is a price for that package in the technical data description, something like $37000 but there is no buy option and other mods seem to work, like visor mod for other cars

4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

That price for parts is from rF1. With a stock rF1 you had to win money, buy better stuff, blah, blah,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just like Forza games.
    When 3rd party mods came out that all changed, thanks to ISI_BABYFACTORY

7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yes still have several installs of RF1, never coming off the hard drive, still love it!

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ok some findings, hope folks might find this useful!

I have found that the random weather option does seem to work as it started raining on my server the other day and I had not scripted it to but had checked random weather so, yay there!

I am still at a loss to my questions about AI but have found this option in the JOSN file (used to be PLR file in RF1):

"AI Mistakes":1,
    "AI Mistakes#":"a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency"

I WOULD RECOMEND TRYING THIS TO ANYONE WHO RACES OFFLINE! Especially if you're like me and are still a little inconsistent whilst racing! It does exactly what it says on the tin. The AI in RF2 are bloody fantastic, this makes them even better as they are amazing at defending, avoiding and attacking but they are uber consistent and dont make substantial mistakes, where as I do. Changing this value to 1 has made my offline racing great as every now and then one of them will make a mistake and spin out which slows the pack down and spreads out the field, its much more realistic. Try it, seriously!

I never tried this in RF1 but im now gunna try it there aswell!

Herve_Versabeau likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

we used that back with GTR2. If it still works, it should be noticeable almost immediately
    You might want to play around with the zero to one value.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Paul McC likes this.
  10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yup, did the job straight away! Ah GTR2, another old sim thats never coming off my HD, love it!

The Iron Wolf and ohyeah2389 like this.
  11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Still have no answer from 397 about AI setup:

3. AI Setups... In the pits there is the garage menu and in there are the buttons for saving setups and assigning etc. So I understand that I can use the Assign button to make Rfactor remember i want to use that setup for that track, I understand I can use the compare button to compare my setups side by side (id like to compare with AI setup also after theyve practiced, how do I do this?). But I dont understand AI Setup, how do I use this button?
    I thought it was to get the AI to use my setup, i was told by someone on a server that i could save my setup then click AI setup and it would give all the AI my setup, yet after loading my setup the AI Setup button remains greyed out, if i then click on an AI car in the standings and go to garage its then un greyed and i can click it, does this mean I am then giving that specific AI car my setup?
    Ive mucked about with this and seems somehow i managed to get 1 or two of the AI using my setup, i could tell as I made a test setup with very low gear ratios then ran a race at an oval and two of the cars id clicked AI setup for were not achieving top speed, like mine as we all had the low gears. But im not sure how i did this and the next time i went to that track and car the two cars still seemed to have my setup, i was wondering how to get them back to defaults.
    I would love to know for sure how to make all cars use my setup and to make individual cars use my setup, and even how I could try using the fastest AI's setup or at least see it to compare.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you want comment from S397, try Discord.

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Done that

14. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Did you find a solution for the ai setup @Paul McC ?

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yes change the lines "Fixed Setups" and AI Fixed Setups in the PLR file to "true" and they will use your setup.

Wow! Its been over 2 yrs since I started this thread, was surprised to see a reply here today. Been spending alot of time in AMS2 recently, but jusmp back in to RF2 when I can. On the subject of that, and A.I. Here's a few thoughts:

16. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Hmmm, i have both at ''true' but the ai does not follow the pit stop strategy i have set in the setup... I guess i'm still missing something?

Will give the vid a look later, now at work :)

17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Think what you have to do now is go to the track, load you're setup and also assign it, restart session and then the A.I. will use your setup, I used to know this stuff but its been a while and im not sure if im remembering this properly so if anyone else knows for sure please chime in!

18. redapg

redapg Registered

@Roninho On the Bottom of my online Tools Website, you can find a Link for a Tutorial about how to set up fixed Setups and other Functions.
    But i'm not sure if fixed Setups is working, so you have to try it out.

19. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Hi @redapg thanks for the reply. I allready found your tutorial and did it step by step. Unfortunately no luck in getting them to use the pit strategy from my setup.