Dear Rfactor S397

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by muzikant, May 24, 2023.

1. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Dear Rfactor S397, Can you build in a simple carfilter where you can just make an offline season with the skins you want, I've been waiting for this for so long. Been busy all afternoon again this afternoon to understand mass files but then come back to very old torturials. all I ask is to make it a bit easier and to make the experience bigger. It is very frustrating to have to ask for help on the forum all the time
    Please S397!!

2. muzikant

muzikant Registered

it should be standard in every racing game by now, why is this so complicated with Rfactor 2

3. redapg

redapg Registered

:D

Sorry, i couldn't resist. :)

ling, pascom and atomed like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

A lot of that can be done by the painters. Two of the chaps painting BTCC cars (prior to official liveries being released) collaborated so that the season filters matched and you could easily choose 2021 or 2022 full field(minus the Cupra & Honda at the time) BTCC carsets. There are Indycars, GT3s from all over the planet, most of these could be grouped into correct filters if there was some sort of co-ordination between all the fantastic painters we have.

Gangsta likes this.
  5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

This is not something that's really possible to do without breaking 90% of content.

6. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Well, I want to pick up painting again.
    First of all I would like to change the existing BTCC cars from ai names for my own use.. I understand how to open and edit the MASS files when I save them away (again as MASS file) I don't see them in the game menu ?? I then want to make a new 2025 season with my custom change of only the driver ai names to create a VLN Nurburgring season for myself what am I doing wrong? I really want to understand!! So now I've edited this but don't see it in game menu, would anyone be so kind as to help me?

// The first line defines a "prefix" to be used for all generic maps.
    // Currently, generic maps are used for the livery, wing, driver, driver arms, driver helmet, and pit crew.
    // The second line will replace the default livery with the new specified, for the track specified.
    // The format is as follows:
    // DefaultLivery="PREFIX" // PREFIX is the base texture map name, assumed to be BMP unless specified
    // PitCrewLivery="PREFIX" // This is only needed if it differs from the default livery PREFIX
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX" // TRACK is the track name as defined in the event GDB
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX" // For example, "2004_Toban"
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX" // You can have an infinite # of these lines

DefaultLivery="11_PMR.dds"
    MaterialOverride="Astra_BTCC_BaseMat.json"

HDVehicle=Vauxhall_Astra_2021_BTCC.hdv
    Graphics=Vauxhall_Astra_BTCC_2021.gen
    Spinner=Vauxhall_Astra_BTCC_Spinner.gen
    GenString=A // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
    Sounds=Vauxhall_Astra_BTCC-snd.json // Sounds=default.sfx
    Cameras=Vauxhall_Astra_BTCC.cam // Defaults to default.cfg in UserData directory
    HeadPhysics=HeadPhysics_TC.ini
    Cockpit=Vauxhall_Astra_BTCC_cockpitinfo_2021.ini
    Upgrades=Vauxhall_Astra_BTCC_upgrades.ini

//////////////////////////TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION///////////////////////////////

Number=11
    Team="Test"
    PitGroup="Group1"
    Driver="Test pilot"
    Description="Vauxhall Astra VLN #11"
    Engine="TOCA Spec 2.0L Turbo"
    Manufacturer="Vauxhall"

Classes="Vauxhall Astra VLN_2025"

FullTeamName="Vauxhall"
    TeamFounded=1995
    TeamHeadquarters="Worcestershire"
    TeamStarts=200
    TeamPoles=5
    TeamWins=5
    TeamWorldChampionships=1

Category="Vauxhall Astra VLN 2025"

7. redapg

redapg Registered

@muzikant If you are not offline, you can not edit mas Files of DLC and Workshop Content.
    If the Game is online and auto Update is enabled, Steam will check the Content and replace "wrong" mas Files, like edited ones, with the correct/original ones.
    So your Modifications get lost.
    You should create an Update rfcmp with your modified Files and install that.

muzikant likes this.
  8. muzikant

muzikant Registered

okay that's interesting.. i didn't know that. and how do i make an rfcmp update? and where do i put it? is that in the highest number of the install verhicle map? Manfred here also a member on the forum made a Mass file of my Bmw m2 carskins last year and it works with that? thanks anyway for your help very kind of you

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Could you put a meaningful thread title please?

10. redapg

redapg Registered

@muzikant There are different Ways to get own Skins into the Game, but if you want to build an own Field of Cars, for a specific Season for Example, you should create an Update rfcmp in my Opinion.
    I have to say that i'm no Painter, so i don't care much for such Things, but if i remember it right, with these mas Files you can only get alternative Skins working, but not in the Menu selectable Cars.
    Is that correct?
    With an Update rfcmp, you can package a whole Set of Files for each Car, including the veh File, that you can select every Car in the Menu and you also can set an own Filter, to be able to select only these Cars as Opponents, that is not possible without a veh File.
    If you want, you can open a private Conversation with me, where i can help you to create what you want to achieve.

muzikant likes this.
  11. muzikant

muzikant Registered

you are nice. I will certainly private message you I will first try something with your tips if I can't figure it out I will message you! thank you mate

redapg likes this.
  12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

no ;)

Screenshot 2023-05-25 202606.jpg

muzikant likes this.
  13. redapg

redapg Registered

14. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Yess I am very sure it is.. he have update my skins Mr Manfred

15. redapg

redapg Registered

OK, then the Question is: which Method do you want to use, work with mas Files or with a rfcmp File?

16. muzikant

muzikant Registered

It doesn't matter.. I tried with mass all day yesterday, but if you say when I go online the game will reset? I was busy all day and still not succeeded the only thing I want is to change riders names and a separate class for example the year 2025 of the existing Btcc DLC

17. redapg

redapg Registered

I did answer in the private Conversation. ;)

muzikant likes this.
  18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Skins as mas-file must be put in the car folder (installed -> vehicles) with highest version number. The advantage of this method is that you must not update the mod if the car gets an Update.

muzikant likes this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

But that works for Single Player only, right?

20. muzikant

muzikant Registered

just to clarify.. i only race offline

redapg likes this.