Dead MOMO!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by taufikp, Jan 14, 2013.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

After being happy for some times with my MOMO after some pedal cleaning, now Windows can't recognize it at all! Actually, last night during some practice laps, there were some symptoms: sudden FFB "on/off", or going detected/undetected, during racing (ruining my lap perfectly). I thought it was just USB problem, so I decided to stop, turned my PC off, and went for bed.

And this morning, this MOMO seems to be completely dead.

The LED lights are dead. Changing USB ports no response. Changing power adapter outlet no response. Shutting down PC and powering it up again still no luck. The wheel's staying still, no response at all. No LEDs at all. (~.~)

Is there still hope to fix this MOMO? I don't want to spend my money for a G27 yet, I just bought a GTX670 for chris' sake! [>.<"]

2. coops

coops Banned

sry to ere that taufikp but it sounds like its time for a new wheel. (bugger)

3. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Dude! :D

Well actually it really is time for a new wheel. Logi's G27 comes to mind since fanatec is very hard to find here (due to its high price). Also I could use the MOMO to "learn" more about Logi steering wheel.

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

After two days without touching my game PC, this damn MOMO is now alive again. But the main problem is still there. Suddenly this wheel goes off, all LED lights are off, and Windows can't detect the device.

So what the hell is wrong here? Could it be the faulty power adapter or bad USB cable?

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Most likely scenario would be a power problem.

6. taufikp

taufikp Registered

@Gearjammer, You mean power from the adapter or USB cable?

If I'm not mistaken, the power adapter is only used to generate FFB effects (indicated by LED light on the right side), while the USB connector powers the electronic controller inside (indicated by LED light on the left side).