Deactivate Pit Speed-limiter on Upshift

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Deadpedal, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I was watching the Chinese Grand Prix this morning and there was a discussion regarding the deactivation of the pit-speed limiter. Around about lap 37, Massa and Hulkenberg were drag-racing out of the pits on their limiters side-by-side when it appeared that Hulkenburg failed to deactivate his limiter at the pit exit. David Coulthard, during the speculation about what happened when Massa sprinted ahead, mentioned that pit speed-limiters can be programmed to deactivate on the upshift from 1st or 2nd gear according to the driver's preference. That would be a cool option to have available. I think it would be better as a garage option rather than only in the player.PLR file because the variety of pit speed-limits per track, cars and vehicle gearing would make it an option you'd want to set according to the car-track combination or to be in the control of the mod designer.

Suggestion: Deactivate Pit Speed-limiter on Upshift from Gear: (0=assigned key; 1=1st gear; 2=2nd gear)

2. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

+1 for this, would certainly be more convenient to worry about one less button. :)

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You still have to turn it on when entering the pits. It is then where there is the highest risk of getting a drive through.

When exiting the pits at low speed I dont see very useful to avoid pressing a button. Gear settings do not necessarily match pitlane speed limit to be able to fine tune this when upshifting.

I really get surprised of reading this as someone's wish. For sure someone can say that I just could not use it and that's it.

My vote for this: -1

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

4. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

A minor thing, perhaps, and certainly nobody should infer anything about what I think should be a priority for ISI in the development process. We all seem to want as much realism as possible in a sim and, as this is a reality for F1 cars, having it as an option for rF2 seems reasonable to me. If it wasn't a malfunction, I'd bet Niko Hulkenburg changed his mind about having his limiter programmed for it.