SOLVED DDS Export Settings / Profile for NVIDEA Photoshop PlugIn

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MerlinC, Jan 7, 2015.

1. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

We do have some issues with a skin done with Adobe Photoshop and exported with the DDS PlugIn as DTX5 DDS.

View attachment 15413

The skin is supposed to look like this - and most people do see the skin in Game as it is supposed

View attachment 15414

But in a live stream the VEC league is hosting the vehicle shows up very strange

View attachment 15415

I already checked whether different settings for "Oponent Detail" and/or "Texture Detail" make a difference - but that doesn't seem to be the case because I do get right graphics shown with both set to low as well (typically using full).

Any advise is very much appreciated.

P.S.: If ISI would consider providing the export profiles for the NVIDEA DDS plugin this would be really helpful IMO and would at least rule out one potential error.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Generate MIP maps (all)

3. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Thanks for your quick response. Based on your feedback I did google "nvidia dds settings rF2" - should have done that earlier, because the settings how to export a DDS from Photoshop are already documented.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/custom-car-skins/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
  4. Some1

Some1 Registered

Not quite on topic, but I found that The Compressonator by AMD is much better at compressing DDS and gives better results. Also, handy for batch compression.