DCS A-10 sim launched this same way

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jani Kankaanpää, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

When you preordered your game you get beta version of the game.
    Devs get very good(and bad) feedback from fanboys and when game lauched it was really good shape, i mean it's very complicated simulator.

What i see game launched this way, it worked very well on A-10.

Kankkis

2. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

That is good to know Jani.....we all may bicker over things on this forum but one thing is for sure, we all love R Factor and want number 2 to be the best it possibly can be. I personally will be honoured to be involved in the beta even in a small way.

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

That's really good to hear, thanks for sharing this :)

4. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

But what is good to remember too, beta quality is not what the final sim will be, there was very much problems with A-10 beta, freezing, low fps even monster pc and so on. When the game come out it was cured and wonderful sim, mostly because feedback, there is so many possibilities to different PC assebly's, that's why i like open beta idea.

I have Ati 5970 crossfire card and my first test is how it handles crossfire scaling, if not well, i'm sure it will be fixed before release

5. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Could not agree more, and even the people like me who are not mod builders can bring something to the table. We all have different pc setups, different eyes for little details and can do crazy amounts of laps with various scenarious to test the sim to the limits and back......I hope ISI understand we really want to help them, not just moan it's not been released yet. :eek:

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

T500 was a test wheel we used. Be sure to make sure your driver for it is up-to-date upon release as their original driver used 100% CPU eventually due to the FFB and had to receive less updates than other wheels, or it took the sim out of realtime. This is not an issue with their newer driver (which I assume they released by now).

7. Syonco

Syonco Registered

You wouldn't by any chanse have had the chanse to test the ECCI-7000? Hopefully it'll work alright :rolleyes::confused:

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

The reason John is that you are blessed with having an awesomely powerful, expensive wheel, not many people can afford such a wonderful piece of kit :)

9. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Not THAT wonderful and more expensive than should be... but in general - yeah, good wheel ;-)

10. 88mphTim

John: Out of interest, do you know if they released an update to them during the Holidays?

11. Vistaro

Vistaro Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  12. 88mphTim

That's the one. :)