[REL] DATSUN BLUEBIRD SSS

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by dazzer, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

2. KAMPFBIBER81

KAMPFBIBER81 Registered

Sorry to ask, because didn't have enough time to test all cars enough (and read through the 12 pages), but are the cars (2 Datsuns and the Toyota) somewhat equal in performance? I ask, because maybe we do a fun race with one (or all) of the cars. To have 3 cars to choose for the race would be great of course.

3. dazzer

dazzer Registered

Celica 1600 and datsun, in theory, would be equivalent, since they are of the same category, but the problem is that physics is not completely balanced due to failures in the same, I can recommend that before anything else, try the 2 cars in the clue that they will use and see if they are really even
    good luck
    :D:D:D

4. KAMPFBIBER81

KAMPFBIBER81 Registered

5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Greetings!

I have also put my thought on steam workshop too (i just copy - paste it for now:p)

I really love this car (along with the toyota ta-22). Only two things i like to mention (for both cars):

1) The cars bounce (up and down) too much for my taste - in high speed. I think they should bounce way less (almost none if you want my opinion)
    2) I am driving with 540 degrees of steering lock (for both datsun and toyota). Thus, every time i have to change this option (in garage) from 900 down to 540 (6.5 deg). Can you make an option (in tuning page), for both cars, where we can choose ONCE between 540/720/900/custom steering lock degrees, so as NOT TO DO IT every time we want to race? This would be perfect!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just save your setup and then assign. That is now the default setup for that car/track.
    Drag setup to other track folders when needed.
    Simple.

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

That’s a good point. But i need to assign this “set up” for all my tracks which is - somehow - cumbersome. Anyway thanks!

What about the “bouncing” (when in cockpit cam) dashboard? May the dev make it bounce less? Apart from those "issues" that car is a blast to drive (+the sound which is superb)..

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Sorry guys. My mistake. It was the head physics which was giving me too much vibration! I set it to off and now everything is ok (for both datsun and toyota cars)!

Lazza likes this.
  9. dazzer

dazzer Registered

Datsun 510 SSS Coupe V0.2.6 released...

Churrinche, Corti, jimagn and 3 others like this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Quick notes for regulars:
    • Gear changes now need a throttle lift. Failing to lift enough (or for long enough) will leave the gear not properly engaged. (auto or manual)
    • These aren't tested against the current Celicas, so the performance balance is probably off. (new Celicas are WIP)
    • Please note the version. These aren't final :D
    • *Forgot to mention, the steering is a lot slower now. As Dazzer said to me, it's like steering a ship :p Takes a little getting used to. Might reinstate the old steering system or something later.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    makan, Mauro, Corti and 2 others like this.
  11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

And the strange damage bug is now fixed. Headed straight for Mid Ohio and the kerb that always wrecks the steering....All good. Even took them around Lost Valley for a workout and all good there too. Took the jump in 4th and no front end issues.....Great stuff....:)

I've put a server up for some fun.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    dazzer likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, identified and fixed that early on, but then rebuilt the physics from scratch anyway.

dazzer likes this.
  13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Need to have a serious talk about release schedules though....The day before race day, when I should be practicing, you can only release boring stuff. None of this fun and exciting content....:p

jimagn, Lazza and dazzer like this.
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Thanks for this. It eliminates the need for a special setup (wheel lock) for each track now. Are you going to implement the same for celicas too?

dazzer likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, they're shaping up similar. For technical and personal reasons they won't be done for a while though.

dazzer and Haris1977 like this.
  16. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Hi, I have a problem setting up a dedi server, since the latest update. I want to run an event with the new more powerful model, but when I run the dedi and deselect the other models, I'm left with only one skin. It seems that each model has only one or two skins. In single player mode, each model has several skins, so it's either something I'm doing wrong, or possibly there is a bug.

Has anybody else had this problem? Did you solve it, or will we need to wait for an update?

Thanks.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I noticed when entering a server with only the L18 that a single L18 labelled car was selectable, out of the 5-7 that should have been there. So looks like the classes/categories need fixing up. Not something you can do from the user side.

On a positive note, if all cars are available everyone should select the L20B anyway ;)

juanchioooo likes this.
  18. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Thanks for the swift response. I was hoping to post an event for Thursday 19th Dec. I guess we'll just run with a single skin. :)
    Loving your work guys, please keep it up.

nonamenow and juanchioooo like this.
  19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

What event and at what time...:D Always up for a race in these..;)

20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

It takes some time to use it. I loose quite some gears now (i do not like it) but i guess i will have to change how i drive this car. Can you make this optional (in car's tuning page)?