Data inconsistency in Driver tag in ISI XML race file

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by B1K3R, Oct 1, 2014.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I have come across an issue with data inconsistency in Driver tag in ISI XML race file. If you look at the image below:

1. the position tag indicates that the driver finished 8th
    2. on the last lap (11th lap), the driver is in 7th place
    3. if you add all the lap times together and compare them to the other drivers, the total time puts the driver in 7th position!

So, am I reading the data incorrectly or there is a bug in the file? What is the final position of the driver, 7th or 8th??? What I am trying to achieve is to calculate the total race time of each driver so that I can calculate the time each driver arrived after each other...

Anyone knows please?

Cheers!

[​IMG]

2. Mee

Mee Registered

Can you post the entire xml?

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

and here are my sql calculations....notice the position difference and the total times.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Just did a race now myself and raced against AI and everything works fine......not sure why sometimes data is wrong :/

[​IMG]

5. Mee

Mee Registered

My thoughts: I think the race session was stopped very weirdly, because all drivers have a "FinishStatus" of "None" instead of the regular "Finished Normally" or "DNF". Also: the race was 30 laps but the drivers only drove 11?
    If the session isn't ended properly (drivers going over the finish line), rFactor doesn't create a proper result file; how would it rank the drivers? I suppose on the driven distance, but that's not in the result files.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

That makes sense mate, seems like race was stopped or something. Most files seem good, so I will keep going ahead my with dev as planned and regard this as incomplete file.

Thanks!!!!