Dashmeter problems

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Icarus, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Icarus

Icarus Registered

I have downloaded "DashMeterPlugin_v1_24_rf2_x64.zip" and put the contents in "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin64\Plugins", but the plugin does not show in the in-game menu.. I have set the "preferences.ini" to the i.p. of my tablet. I have installed C++ 2010 and 2013, and made sure it's the rfactor 2 version on my tablet, but it still doesn't work. When I run the test I get the "DashMeterCom communication OK" on my tablet, but I can't see the plugin in rfactor options. What have I missed?

My PCARS/AC version works fine and this version used to work the last time I tried it about 2 years ago.

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The only reason i could imagine, it`s maybe because of your installation path, wich is restricted with your UAC settings. You could try to start rF2 with admin rights...Just to make sure...you`re starting rF2 as x64?

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I just had to do a complete fresh install of windows 10, previously everything worked as it should, Now I have the exact same probs as above, was a solution ever found?
    I have uac set to none, the communications app works from pc to tablet, I even tried adding the dashmeter dll list to the custom plug in variable .json but nothing, it just wont show up in the plugins list and doesnt work, even though all paths are correct, all is installed exactly as it should be ??

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered