[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

2. rFactor2seminoob

rFactor2seminoob Registered

Ok, thank you so much for the information. @Lazza

3. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

I think someone explained here that Studio 397 have this info in groups, so if for example tyre pressure and engine temp are in the same group, and you don't want to show tyre presure, you have to shut down all the group and so you don't have also engine temp as collateral effect.

4. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered

[QUOTE = "Florian Geier, post: 981861, miembro: 50744"] ¿Alguien tiene la fórmula para calcular la fuerza descendente del difusor independientemente de la fuerza descendente (delantera / trasera) que motec emite? Quiero ver la influencia de la altura del rake and ride en general y luego usar las alturas dinámicas de los registros de motec para comparar.

gracias [/ QUOTE]
    I think I understand that this is the formula you are looking for
    upload_2019-4-3_21-7-38.png

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@JMartinez I think Florian would like the actual diffuser downforce, for which the rake is just one of the values needed.

Unfortunately the telemetry doesn't have enough channels to derive the downforce from individual components in that way, if I were doing it from a modding perspective I would make a calculation based on the HDV diffuser parameters. For a readymade car that may not be possible, but you might be able to approximate it by doing some aero tests with various aero settings and ride heights.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thank you, Lazza. This brings whole new dimension for exploring rF2 and vehicles.

Could it be confirmed that downforce channels are limited to -1000 N, and bellow that channels inverts to the top ~64 000 N ? Asking just in case to get ultimate approval that my cars does not suddenly change from 100 kg lift force to six tones of downforce haha

I have not explored Motec properly, maybe there is preference to get more channel bottom than -1000 N ? I understand that the channel suggests it is downforce channel and not lift channel though.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg I'll check that range, I can't remember what I limited them to. You can use the 'high range' option for that channel group to increase the range of values allowable during logging.

*Ok, have I got the range the wrong way round? I appear to have allowed for +64k but only -1k, which means I'm expecting 'downforce' to be positive.

The high-range option should give you 500k each way though, so that's a workaround for now even if I did get it wrong...

8. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Hi @Lazza, thanks for the plugin!! I tried to used the outputs with TrackAttrack.io, so I can check my telemetry on my macbook, but the files do not import well. I contacted the authors and sent them one of my files, this is what they replayed. The first part (track location) is acceptable, I can create custom tracks, but the second one is the one that makes it unusable. Interesting that motec doesn't care about it! Any idea if this can be fixed? Thanks!

----
    First of all is the lat lon data is weird. It's saying that Sebring is at lat,lon (0, -135) which is somewhere in the middle of the pacific ocean. This might be because rFactor is saving lat/lon in some different kind of coordinates, or maybe it has some offset that we aren't accounting for. This is the reason why TA doesn't select Sebring when you import that file, because as far as it is concerned, you raced somewhere in the middle of the ocean.

Second is that the GPS data is mis-aligned. There are more latitude data points than there are longitude data points. This is pretty weird and I'm not sure what would cause it. We do some basic "sanity checks" before displaying track maps in the data and this is one of the checks that fails. Lat and lon should always come in as pairs so if there's more of one than the other, that points to a weird problem. We have a general policy of "don't show bad data", so if we think something is wrong, we default to not showing it, which is why there is no track map showing when you select your data.
    ----

Any clue on why that lat/long misalignment? Cheers.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@AlexNordic rF2 doesn't provide actual GPS data, even what the track modder sets (which may not be accurate). So my coordinates are out in the middle of the ocean (actually quite close to Africa, but still in the ocean) so as not to be confused with any real coordinates (originally I had them based on 0,0 but i2Pro sees that as an error - it doesn't expect you to be racing around a pole).

The GPS is useful for comparing laps logged using this plugin, but not for comparison to real-life data.

10. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Yeap that's not a problem, I can create custom tracks so data is compared against other rF2 laps (e.g. when we run leagues). What about the second issue?

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I will check high range option.

But yes what I need is to actually log lift, which is essentially negative downforce, I figure the data is still usable. I just need to know what are top of the downforce values. Is it 65 000 ? This way after exceeding -1000 N, I could see if I get 64 900 N, then it would mean that lift is actually -1100 N.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. Just go the high range option. In the meantime you can basically do what you've described.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As far as I know I'm outputting lat and long at the same frequency.

Note this has nothing to do with Motec - the logs contain data I'm putting in them, so if there's an issue it's on my side. Under no circumstances should Motec be contacted regarding these logs. As for TrackAttack I've had similar inquiries in the past regarding GPS, I don't see rF2 being reconcilable against any real data and it's probably wasting their time to try and make one of my logs work (if it were a proper Motec log file, that might be different, but then the GPS data would also be real). If all you want to do is compare GPS why not use i2Pro?

*Ah, sorry, macbook, I see.

14. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Yeah two reasons, convenience of being able to check my telemetry when I'm commuting (macbook), and ability to easily share files with other people on the same league.

Let's say we're running a FR3.5 league, I can invite everybody to participate in a group, we all post our laps and can learn from each other. We can do that with motec as well just having a common dropbox/google drive, but seems like trackattack could simplify the process.

So GPS position I don't care if it's the real location, it's the lat/long data while you're driving that trackattack is ignoring due to not being paired (more latitude data points than there are longitude data points), so if you do 3 laps at sebring, it shows as one big out lap of 6+ minutes.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If I open up one of my logs, and right-click on the GPS channels, I get the same reported frequency (5Hz). If I go to each channel's properties it shows the same sample rate and sample count (5Hz and 2020 for this particular log). If your log shows different numbers for the two channels please let me know because it means I've got something wrong.

I don't know what TrackAttack is seeing, but at this stage what I'm doing works in i2Pro, and that's my aim with this plugin. If you want to give more details or discuss this further please start a conversation with me on this forum, as it's off-topic for this thread.

Cheers!

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hi :)

I think I've narrowed down what was causing your issue, and on the other end I'm making the building not freeze up with a corrupted .ldtemp file, but from the above and your Zandvoort log I ended up building I think the reason you've uncovered this is that you're enabling logging just as you cross the line. I should let you know that doing so will never quite work properly - if you want to log a complete lap, you should enable logging before you cross the line (preferably a second or two) and wait til a bit after you finish the lap before you Esc or disable logging. Otherwise, even if I fix the crashing, your laptime may not be logged correctly in i2Pro. It's just to do with timing, if you cut it too fine it won't work.

I replicated your freeze by doing what I've described above, at my first attempt, and then with a new test version of the plugin I tried to do the same 10 times and didn't crash at all. So that's hopefully a good sign. I'm just checking some more things while I'm here to try and reduce any such errors in future.

17. tchodz

tchodz Registered

Where do i exactly have to put the "rF2_DAM Plugin Handler.exe" file to install, because to me it doesnt install.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@tchodz You just need to run it, so you can put it anywhere you want (or leave it in the archive). Antivirus may pick it up and stop it running, in which case you should grab the manual install archive in the first post instead.

19. tchodz

tchodz Registered

Well, all tries gives me this error:

DAMplugin Handler first run
    Install error.
    Please try again, and read more carefully.

Anyway, I just do the manual thing and it works, thanks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@tchodz ah. That error means you answered a question wrong :D