[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it's happened with other cars in the past. It does seem strange, but it seems even less likely they accidentally added a telemetry blocking parameter during other updates.

2. Rock

Rock Registered

Hi Lazza,
    Congratulations Larzza, for all these answers in one post. Yes it's the price of glory when you make a great plugin like yours ;-).
    In your comentaire for brake wear and engine, I'm surprised! I tell you why!
    When you leave the track, the "page 5 (Advenced) setup" gives us the wear of the brakes (Front Wear / Rear Wear).
    For the engine it's not me who asked the question But with my "Wheel: Akyra GP", with the help of the software Gaboni: I know exactly the wear of the engine with the parameter "Remining Engine Life".
    So the observation is that RF2 provides these data.
    But I can not help you recover them.
    With all my gratitude for all your excellent work.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Rock I'm aware of the brake disc thickness being displayed in the garage, and I'm not too surprised someone has made a tool to detect engine life. But those aren't provided to plugins, and the plugin interface is all I'm using, so they aren't available.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

But you need to put some parameters of the engine.ini to make it work propperly

5. Gaboni

Gaboni Registered

Actually, rFactor 2 doesn't provide the engine wear data in the internals plugin...

What the akira application does, is calculate the estimated engine life. But to make it work properly, you have to configure first some parameters that are present in the engine.ini file of the cars:

[ENG]
    LifetimeAvg = 7400
    LifetimeVar = 2600
    LifetimeEngineRPM_base = 16625
    LifetimeEngineRPM_half = 570.0
    LifetimeOilTemp_base = 128.0
    LifetimeOilTemp_half = 4.90

I haven't used this for a long time, so I don't know if it still works fine...

6. Rock

Rock Registered

I reassure you Gaboni, it works very well with the "GS Mega".
    It works less if you work with the "EngineBoost",
    EngineBoostRange=(0, 1, 11)
    EngineBoostSetting=5
    BoostEffects=(2.81, 0.00931, 0.2328)
    BoostTorque=-0.000054
    BoostPower=0.000108

but that's not a big deal.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's also a wear component of the ram effects, but anyway: the game doesn't provide those, so they aren't in the plugin.

8. Rock

Rock Registered

Ok, I understand!
    It's already very good, what we have ;-)

9. Stea Pea

Stea Pea Registered

Hi guys,

My i2 can't open log files, it gives me this message:

"this versione of i2 only supports pro logging enabled files"

i've the 1.1.4.454 ver

(sorry if this question has already made)

EDIT: solved (i used an older version of the plugins)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  10. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Can you tell where to find that tool ? Thanks.

11. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

Dumedo, I do not understand why the data of the Motec have disappeared, they were very useful for me.
    -Tire load
    -Weight transfers front / back, left / right

The oil and water temperatures do not appear either, but I can see them while driving, so I do not understand that this data is hidden, it is stupid, besides we do not know what is the optimal, dangerous temperature,
    as well as the ideal temperatures of the tires; and with the brakes the same. CarStat is a great complement but neither opens the files ... in short, a nonsense.

to me it gives me the data of: height and drag (front wing, rear wing, chassis, body and diffuser)
    with downforce you mean lift ?. It gives me the lift (front wing, rear wing, chassis, body and diffuser)

... And I think there's something broken in the tire pressure

It's a shame, I bought the pack, when I only wanted the LMP2, but in some championships you can not participate if you do not have the complete pack.
    It's my favorite car, I have not tried the rest of the cars that come in the pack
    ... and the sensations that the tires of the LMP2 of URD transmitted to me were the best for me until now, I have never felt it in any other car that I have tested in RF2.

12. arnaud67

arnaud67 Registered

Hello , i can't use motec
    Guys , I need some help :)

Since 1 month I have installed motec (motec I2 standard x64) + the dampluggin (dampluggin v80 manuel install , the automatic install gives an error) , it doesn't work
    I followed the instructions
    motec doesn't find a valid logfile to handle even I have a Log directory in rfactor2/userdata populated with as i see .csv files (named withe the current track used)
    In game I'm not sure that the data acqusition is enabled ,i'm not sure (ctrl m ? , toggle hardware pluggin ?, telemetry marker ?)

Can you help me ?

THX

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@arnaud67 The first post in this thread explains about as much as I could here regarding activating the plugin.

However, you want i2Pro, not standard. Standard reads different log files and won't read these. So that might help you a lot :)

14. Florian Geier

Florian Geier Registered

does anyone have the formula to calculate diffusor downforce indepentendly from the downforce (front/rear) that motec puts out? i wanna see the influence of rake and ride height in general and then use the dynamic ride heights from my motec logs to compare.

thanks

15. rFactor2seminoob

rFactor2seminoob Registered

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@rFactor2seminoob This plugin doesn't pretend to be an ACL or anything like that, and at this stage I haven't implemented any sort of incremental logging.

Out of curiosity, what are you looking to achieve with live logging/telemetry?

17. rFactor2seminoob

@Lazza Well, I some else to look at some of my telemetries and see some issues during the session instead of after.

Out of curiosity, when you click a logged file in the Open New Log File sub menu, besides Devices, why does it say ACL?

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, but what 'issues' exactly?

An ACL captures log files, but also allows live transmission of data (I'm not that familiar with the hardware or the protocols). My plugin generates log files but doesn't emulate an ACL for live data.

19. rFactor2seminoob

By issues I mean like spins or tank-slappers.

I'm still confused about all of the detail in the Summary tab if you could explain what they are all about. It would be great. STUFF.JPG

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@rFactor2seminoob Some of the things you see in the log data are things that need to be there in order for i2Pro to read the log file. I can't change some of those values and make live telemetry work; it's a separate process I'm not familiar with and won't be looking to emulate.