[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Hey Lazza, been using your older version of this and have only just gone with the new plugin (I'm a bit slow lol).
    A big T H A N K Y O U. It's great.

2. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Just a quick note on the v0.762 version of this. I noticed it was logging incorrect lap times with both 32 and 64 bit versions. I'm now using v0.76 and lap times are fine.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I had been using the old plugin / app and have recently upgraded to DAMPlugin. I have updated i2 Pro to the latest version so my workspace has changed a little and I can't remember how I used to get the tyre wear to go in a downward graph. For example the motec used to show fresh tyres at 100% and then as they wear the % would go down.
    Would someone be able to give me a nudge in the right direction on this please.

Thanks in advance,
    JT

4. TJones

TJones Registered

I gues you have to add a user math channel with something like: "100 - TYRE WEAR FL".

JimmyT likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not at my PC right now, but I think you can just scale the channel at -1 (or -100%,whichever it uses). Or, yes create and use a new channel via maths.

SPASKIS and JimmyT like this.
  6. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

Hey lazza, any update on per-lap writing of the telemetry files? As we discussed a couple years ago, i2pro lets you set a watch folder and automatically imports and appends each new lap file it sees to the session so you can compare it to the last lap and see trends through more and more laps. I've gotten it to work in i2pro, but I have to pit to get rf2 to write the log file out and then motec picks it up and opens it automatically - would be awesome to have it do that every lap, especially for the driver training we do here.

I can also see it being a big help to leagues, have drivers writing to a Dropbox folder and a remote member can have each lap they do open up live in i2pro to check on how they're driving and car health through each lap

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thank you for the tips it's slowly coming back to me through the mists of memory. :)
    Oh to be young again and remember things. :( Oh well :D

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@fohdeesha I have to be honest, time isn't something I've got a lot of for this stuff at the moment, and with official motec support coming I probably won't be rushing to do stuff that might end up being a waste of time anyway. If official support comes this year it will hopefully surpass the stuff I've already got in that time, and will also hopefully expand into areas I would have liked to do or didn't even plan to (like live telemetry).

SPASKIS likes this.
  9. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Careful what you wish for. ;)

JimmyT likes this.
  10. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

wait, there's official motec support coming? Got any details or a link on that? very interesting. Just a guess but I worry it will be a lot more locked down than your plugin, eg "only get these channels unless you upgrade to our full product" but hopefully not

11. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Is the top post version compatible with the DX11 beta?

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes. I have used it with DX11 with no problems.

13. oppolo

oppolo Registered

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@oppolo just from reading the page, it appears to need the vehicle track width set. rF2 doesn't provide this value. Try setting it yourself in the log details and see if that helps. Failing that, take a look at the maths expressions you're importing and see which channels are required.

oppolo likes this.
  15. Pedro Gomes

Pedro Gomes Registered

Hi, first of all thank you for your plugin :)

On the last three cars I've read telemetry the ride height channels values show an opposite behaviour to what is happening with the car.

https://ctrlv.cz/Iu82

On this picture the upper graph is the raw values, below is an attempt to correct them. Under heavy braking while the rear suspension lifts the graph indicates that it's going down.

Any idea how to make motec display the correct ride heights of a car?

The trackmap plugin is able to capture the ride height values perfectly and correctly with the WGL tool.

16. oppolo

oppolo Registered

oh yes, you are right, thanks

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Pedro Gomes what you are looking at is Suspension Position, which increases in bump (compression) and decreases in rebound. This is also aligned with the spring, probably not vertical.

What you want is Ride Height. If you look at the channel info post:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/damplugin-for-rf2.49363/page-2#post-819448
    You can see you need to enable the Suspension_1 group in the .ini file, then ride height (and 3rd spring positions) will be logged. Ride height is vertical clearance of vehicle-defined points above the ground, which is what you're after.

The first post describes your options with overall data rate and enabling the various channel groups.

Pedro Gomes likes this.
  18. Pedro Gomes

Pedro Gomes Registered

Wow! That's an amazing amount of channels to unlock, some of them quite crucial actually. Thanks allot Lazza :D

19. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Don't know if you can help but I am having trouble evaluating all the data in absence of a circuit graph in my main data window in my workspace showing the actual position of the vehicle around the circuit relative to the telemetry data.
    I've seen pictures of other people's workspaces including a circuit graph but have failed to find a way of inserting one myself.
    Correlating my speed for example to whatever corner of the track simply by memory isn't really an efficient way of evaluating the data.
    Thanks.

20. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

You can create one right clicking on empty space (if there is none you can move the edges of your current graphs in your window) and adding a "gps track" graph using the GPS channels. You can even record special laps where you only ride one side of the track and use those to set the track limits.

Or if you want to see color channels added to your racing line you can create a scatter plot using the GPS channels and add a third one for the color channel.

Christos Segkounas likes this.