Damper graph to rFactor converter

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by jtbo, Nov 23, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Here is very simple spreadsheet I made.
    It convert's data you can find from some shocks/dampers, for example from Koni's site, to rFactor's scientific representation of same thing.

Example data is from Koni's 2800 series damper, you can download pdf from here: http://www.koniracing.com/2817.cfm#Technical%20Information

In pdf at page 26 (metric document) there is graph that I did use as base, bump 3 max and rebound 3 max were used, I did not go into measuring pixels to get accurate values as that has no meaning for me, but if you really want to accurately know exact value for certain speed from graph, that is only way to get it.

I do that if I find shock dyno graph from something that is useful for me, but for many 2800 series works as great starting point.

There is one aspect I'm not quite certain, but I think that for rfactor min and max speed are ones to use and one can see change to rate from graph to select bump- and reboundstage2 parameter.

But it can be that one should use average of slow and fast halves of values, just something I have never heard.

Problem is that I don't know if rFactor just uses values as raw or if it does some interpolation of values, in first case average should be used and in latter case min and max, but from that I don't know how it should be.

So far I have used only values from my all calculators spreadsheet where I can calculate 'custom valving'.

Anyway, spreadsheet does save time when one needs to just input values from graph and spreadsheet shows what values are in rFactor units.

Also I did include imperial units version, one can copy and paste it to make second one as I did with metric section and then there is rebound and bump calculator for that too, but as I don't have need for such now, I left it how it is. Need to add this to all calculators also.

Koni's imperial unit version of pdf has much better graphs. so download both.

Currently public version of my All calculators spreadsheet is here, haven't got around to add arb calculation to it yet though.
    http://jtbo.pp.fi/tiedostot/rfactor/all_calculators_v3b_volvo.zip

2. f14tmodding

f14tmodding Registered

Hello, I am actually building a car for rFactor and using this spreadsheet could help me a lot, but it seems like I can't download it anymore. Is there any chance to see it uploaded somewhere else ? Thanks in advance and see you soon !

3. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

5. f14tmodding

f14tmodding Registered

Hello, thanks a lot for your answers ! I was on the road for such a long time so I couldn't tell you before, but this should be what I am looking for.

6. f14tmodding

f14tmodding Registered

Hello everybody. Sorry to ask again, but after working on it, I can't find how this spreadsheet works in the dampers section... I would simply like to get the values for the dampers [SlowBumpRange=(xxxx, xxx, xx) and so] but when I look into the Damper Graph section, it seems like every data is determined depending the base value. But I don't have this data, this is what I am trying to find after looking on my graphs.

I think that the easiest thing to do to help me would be to explain me how to make it completely after looking to the real datas I have. But if someone wants to give me this help, it would only be in PM as I can't show this to anybody. Thanks in advance and see you soon.

7. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

PM me, I'll help if I can.

8. f14tmodding

f14tmodding Registered

Thank you ! I'm working until this evening (maybe even the night, that's racing) but I'll do that. I hope you'll be able to bring me some help. Thank you again !