SOLVED Damaged - Mod

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Marco Boy, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

Well, like the last 5 years i package the track, I package the vehicles and then I create and install on the server the vMod for my championship.

I use Noel Hibbard site to complete the automatic download from an external server.

This time all works fine but... "MOD could not be installed, try manually". I have track and vehicles installed, vMod installed but it didn't work.

The problem seems to be that any vMod works fine only on the (rFactor 2) PC where it was created, I try to create the same vMod on my local PC and i installed it whitoun any problem, but when i try to install this one on server i receide "Damaged mod"....error... (cut&paste file, obviously)

Probably my english is not so good to explain as well as need but really i'm becoming crazy.. i cannot create a server at all at this point...

Vehicles and track works perfectly off line with "all track and cars" selected, server start regulary with this two installed, and also the Noel's autodownload tool recognize well the packages...

Someone could help me? Thanks.. and..regards..
    Marco

2. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I'm not sure that I have seen this problem before, usually it will just refuse to make a vmod at all. I know when this happens you have to delete "pkginfo.dat" . Have you tried that? Also the track & cars have to be on the server aswell, but I'm sure you already know that.

SS

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

For me it is not clear what you are doing.
    Does your vmod contain the car and track mods or does it use them only virtually (unchecked when you create the vmod)?
    And what does cut&paste mean?
    What exactly do you cut and paste?
    It's a while ago that i have done it, but normally it should work in this way:
    - create the track and car mods that you want to use (rfcmp files)
    - create the vmod (virtual use of the components).
    - put the rfcmp files and the vmod into the dedicated server packages folder and install the rfcmp first and then the vmod

4. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

..this morning (Italy time) some driver of the league have been joined the server successfully so that it is only a problem on MY PC... I tried to delete the pkginfo.dat but nothing.

Bernd:
    I use only virtual mod and the car and the track are not on the server because I use the ModManager site (not the application) of Noel Hibbard to download them from an external site...

BTW today I will try all I can to solve this, really a strange problem because i have also a dedicated-server on my michine and the vMod give there the same error... any kind of help will appreciate... thank again...

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Just to be sure that i understand it right.
    The car(s) and track(s) are installed on the server, but their rfcmp files are not stored in the servers packages folder and when you try to install the vmod, you get the 'Damaged Mod...' error.
    Is that correct?
    But you can start the server that uses that vmod?
    Have you checked if another version of the vmod is installed already?

6. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

....ahhhhhhhh incredible...

In the root of rFactor 2 there was an installation of the car (all the mas and the mft file) like I wrong the destination installation

I manually deleted all this file and it works perfectly.

I'm sorry.... forget me anf this NO-PROBLEM :oops::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes:

Lazza likes this.
  7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Good to see that you have solved it. :)

8. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

thank you.. ;)