Damaged DevMode

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by redapg, Jun 27, 2020.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Build 1120 ID 5150785
    After a while that i didn't loaded it in the DevMode, i wanted to load the Nurburgring Nordschleife Layout Yesterday.
    But the Loading failed and the DevMode crashed to the Desktop, with the Error "onFatalError 11" as last Entry in the Trace File.
    (That Error Message seems to appear in different Cases as it seems.)
    Because i didn't used it for a while, i did make a fresh Install of the DevMode and also of all Nurburgring Layouts with the Version 1.50 and 1.51.
    Then i did try to load all Layouts.
    Result:
    Layouts 24h, NES, Nordschleife, Sprint, Sprint no Chicane crash to Desktop with the above mentioned Error.
    Layouts Com and GP load properly.
    I then started to investigate with the Nordschleife Layout, why it happens and in the End i could get it working with Removing this Instance from the SCN File:
    Instance=Pitwall_PitexitLights
    {
    MeshFile=Pitwall_PitexitLights.gmt CollTarget=FalsTrue HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid) ShadowGroups=(12)
    }
    I could not investigate further, because of the Encryption.
    From the Instance, also with different Tags, i don't see a Reason why it crashes the Loading.

I then started another Investigation with the 24h Layout, but there it was different.
    There where more Instances that i had to remove and after a While i stopped the Investigation, because there obviously is something "damaged" in the DevMode, that makes no Sense to try to fix it from my Side.
    So please @Marcel Offermans , can you check that and fix it soon?

Corti and Slow Motion like this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I just had onFatalError 11 on my devmode. In my case it was car related.

I compared to a previous trace from a successful track load (I knew I had done some car related changes since, just wasn't sure what) and the only differences before the error were a couple of extra "Add tire brand" lines, that duplicated previous entries except for different case, and then later on "tire_manager 1414: Non-existent tire brand """.

Then it errored between vgi2 and vgi3.

I had recently packed up a car in devmode to try it in the single player side, and left the MAS files sitting in the vehicle folder. They weren't referenced or anything. But the game obviously picked up at least the tyres, and that caused an issue.

Still don't know exactly what onFatalError 11 means, but you might try renaming your whole devmode folder, verify files so a new one is created, and then after checking that it works copy across your config files and whatever you're working on.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

@Lazza If your Post is a Reply to my Post, you for sure didn't read my Post fully concentrated. ;)

Lazza likes this.