Damage shader no longer working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by StrawmanAndy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

We've been making this mod for some time, and we've had working damage and rain effect since this was an option in rF2. But recently we've noticed that damage isn't working anymore, on any versions of the cars we have been making. Even previous builds of the car, the damage won't return/appear after a heavy crash. Has something changed in rF2 build to get damage working? I see most S397 cars don't have damage anymore, like the GT2 Corvette (2009) and GT3 Camaro, and BTCC Civic have no working damage.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I just tried the GT3 cars and the damage shows ok on those. Can you check those cars?
    I'm not sure how many cars have had the damage shader added.

If you are not seeing any damage at all on any of the cars, is it possible you have turned on invulnerability by mistake in the difficulty menu?

This will prevent the damage shader from showing. If it is on, I think you have to reload the track for it to show after turning it off.

3. datasting

datasting Registered

Same here, after performancenpatch. All cars have no damage shaders.

4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Yeah, can see the DLC stuff works, but that is all locked away - so we can't look at the shader or the settings etc. We don't believe we are doing anything wrong, but if we are we'd like to know what it is! Basically last piece we need working and then our content is ready to go.

Guimengo likes this.
  5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

If you load cars, where the meshes are tagged with shadowcaster=true, together with damageable=true or deformable=true, into devmode, you get the message that only the shadowcaster will be left, because to have both together is not efficient.

I guess that is the reason, if damage don't works anymore.

If your mod has it tagged like that, remove the shadowcaster tag and try it out if the damage works then.

If yes, create a separate mesh as shadowcaster.

6. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Very helpful, thanks! Don't really like how it's meant to work, but hey it's working :D[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

jayarrbee36, Will Mazeo and MarcG like this.
  7. datasting

datasting Registered

Who find the shadowcaster?

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I am not sure if i understand the question, but i suppose that you mean where you can find them, right?
    In the gen files of the mod you find the 'tag' shadowcaster=, that is meant.
    Example from the skip barber:
    <MAX> MeshFile=rter_body_max.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(15) ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) Reflect=NoLOD Damageable=true

9. dazzer

dazzer Registered

¿Alguna solución para este problema?

10. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Yes, i have written it here

11. dazzer

dazzer Registered

[QUOTE = "Bernd, post: 951229, member: 37193"] Sí, lo he escrito aquí [/ QUOTE]
    Copié la malla para separarla, pero el resultado es ineficiente

12. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@dazzer Can you please post in english language here in the english forum?
    You do it in other threads, so why not here too?
    You say you have copied a mesh?
    And what did you do then?
    Please post the gen entries for the original and the copied mesh, maybe that is enough to see and tell you what is wrong.

13. dazzer

dazzer Registered

// ----------------------------------------
    Instancia = SLOT <ID>
    {
    Moveable = True
    MeshFile = BLUEBIRD_SSS_carroceria.gmt CollTarget = False HATTarget = Falso LODIn = (0) LODOut = (1000) ShadowCaster = (verdadero, sólido) Reflect = NoLOD demageable = falso
    // ------------------------------------ OBJETOS DE SOMBRA Y COLISIÓN -------- -------------------------
    MeshFile = BLUEBIRD_SSS_shadow.gmt Render = False CollTarget = True HATTarget = Falso LODIn = (0) LODOut = (200)
    MeshFile = BLUEBIRD_SSS_undershadows.gmt CollTarget = False HATTarget = Falso AmbientObject = (True, Textura)

14. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I'm sorry the automatic translator was sending my messages in Spanish

15. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Now it's english. :)
    With the posted lines the damage can not work, because it deactivated (=false).
    And the undershadow mesh, that is tagged as ambient object, is not needed anymore and should be removed.
    Also the ones for the tires, if there are some.
    And for the body, try it with these entries.

MeshFile=BLUEBIRD_SSS_carroceria.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(1000) ShadowCaster=False Reflect=NoLOD Damageable=True
    // ------------------------------------ OBJETOS DE SOMBRA Y COLISIÓN -------- -------------------------
    MeshFile=BLUEBIRD_SSS_shadow.gmt Render=False CollTarget=True HATTarget=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(200) Shadowcaster=(True, Solid)

16. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Shouldn't Reflect=True be on, because off means the car won't be reflecting on a wet track?