Dallara DW12 Indy car v1.63 (newly updated) Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 26, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not my cup of tea but feels good. Nice job.

2. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

Tim - can you provide some sample aggressive setups like what you provided last year? The old version setups don't seem to work well with the new version. The new default setups feel like the front is floating with a fair bit of understeer.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

drove this some last night, obv the setups are gonna be different, & i dont have much experience w/ the car but to me it sure feels a lot like iracings dw12 now -- heavy, understeery, & dull. :p (which, btw, is a good thing imo)

4. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Several people at SRVN have reported that their rear view mirrors don't work with the 1.62 DW12, though they worked in the old version. Any input or tips?

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Car mirrors and virtual mirrors are working for me. :)

Are they using the SLS as safetycar? It's a know bug.
    It happens with other cars to if you use the SLS Safetycar.

7. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Tim said they would fix this car proper and he's a man of his word no doubt! Thanks ISI...again

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Ok, gave it a quick run on IMS. Seems like tire pressure setting still doesn't have the expected effect on handling.

So I'm guessing core physics don't support it yet. I can't imagine NASCAR without this feature so I hope it's coming soon and DW12 will get another release as well.

9. Panigale

Panigale Banned

As said, don't try and use the SLS Safety Car with anything. Use the ZR1 livery pacecar, that should wprk fine (and matches better anyway). Just don't use the Corvette as a pace car with non open wheelers otherwise that fails. LOL. I use the NSX as a SC for GTs and the ZR1 for open wheel. Haven't built a rfmod yet with the new Indy but it worked fine with the FR3.5. Cheers.

10. Michael Peters

Michael Peters Registered

Boxer plans to do the update, but we were hoping to get the EXTRA8 and EXTRA9 templates -- would you be able to supply those?

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

v1.63 now available.

- Removed redundant sound files.
    - Added tyre sounds and wind noise directly into package file.
    - Reverse the order of 'Model" upgrades, so that road course is at the top and hence selected by default.
    - Fixed minor texture issues on some cars

12. 88mphTim

In a lot of cases the understeer will be caused by excessive steering. This overheats the tires and will decrease their grip levels.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Another winner...almost!

Car looks great, sounds great, drives great. The dead throttle response form the original is gone (thank goodness). It now reacts like a real race car. Very pleasurable and authentic to drive.

FFB is another story. It has already been reported here that you should use about 9 degrees of caster instead of the 6 default. I cannot believe that in the real car 9 degrees feels like a normal race car, perhaps a bit light considering lack of power steering, and 6 degrees feels like a '59 Chevy over-boosted living room on wheels. Even when set at minimum effort caster, there is no way the steering in an Indy car is that light. Lighter than a power steering NSX? Lighter than a Clio? Lighter than a Skippy? Sorry, something is out of whack here. The overall FFB is too light (relative to other ISI cars) and is too/overly sensitive to caster changes.

The DW-12 has just about the heaviest steering of any race car out there. Of course we can't replicate it exactly with our FFB wheels, but it should at least be on the heaviest end of the spectrum of existing rF2 vehicles. It should feel closer to the Palatov out of the box (with no caster adjustment).

And if someone has evidence that proves my point about caster wrong, and three degrees really does make that universe of difference in the real car, then why on Earth does the default set-up not have 9 degrees?

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  14. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

I do not want to do a technical discourse, I say only that a player who tries DW12, or other cars, would be happy to find a more satisfying feedback in the default setup, so to say "beautiful, great", before fiddling with the setup. :p

15. matf1

matf1 Registered

Don't know what this means?

I can't see what hardware you have in your profile. With my Fanatec GT2, caster 6 is the best force feedback I've ever felt... without question.(pretty sure I say this about every new car released :eek: )
    With the caster on 9 I had lost more than half the detail from the wheel for an increase of 10-20% heaviness which would be the physical limitation of the wheel.

Caster is used for stability in a straight/ish line at high speeds, it's effects are exponentially increased with speed. The cost of this stability is fidelity, something I'm sure you will agree with is absolutely essential for Indianapolis.
    Specifically at caster 9 I was unable to feel the groove at turn three, causing me to run wide consistently. Steering was heavy and flat and the feeling akin to severe clipping.

At caster 3, constant correction was required to keep the thing on the black stuff. It's possible a supreme talent could manipulate this to an advantage in qualifying, but you'd be destroying tires left right and centre in the race.

So I'm not sure what your comment meant about 6, but once again I am reminded of feelings and experiences that I've only ever had in karting... especially as it let's go in the high speed turns.

16. 88mphTim

The FFB max force is set for the clipping points. Minimum force will feel quite light in comparison. You have the settings available to alter that feeling if you want to, but we'd prefer to be consistent across our cars. :)

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hope your get well soon, and enjoy fair weather and outside activity.

Cheers.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for the Patch! By the way, the mirror dl point to a 404 page...

19. 88mphTim

Forgot to change the year. Fixed now, thanks!

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Birmingham Road Course for rFactor 2 by Alex Coutie (Barber Motorsports Park) loads up only oval car config no matter what I do. Don`t know if its a problem with the car or track.