Dallara DW12 Indy car v1.63 (newly updated) Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 26, 2015.

1. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Everybody says the car is great but nobody drive the car online? lol

2. whiplash

whiplash Registered

We need isi-servers back! :d

3. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Start a league [emoji1]

4. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

You know a league? :D

5. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

We should find one! Or make one haha

6. elbo

elbo Registered

race2play is running an Indy event tonight for those interested.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Phoenix Racing has a server alternating Atlanta MP, Mountain Peak Speedway and Lester GP. I run it regularly, yesterday there were two other people joining me in the server.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Idk, I wouldn't say it's intentionally weak. If sim wheel (Thrustmater) produces max forces around 5 Nm and the real car 50 Nm (conservative guess), then let's say in slow corners the real car produces 5 Nm (still quite a lot), then the sim wheel scales this to 0.5 Nm (not a lot). I'd say it can still be realistic, just highlights problematic when sim racing wheels (apart from Bodnar) produce 10 times less forces than certain real cars.

9. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

The caster-setting solved the problem completely. I don't think the T300 has a force-problem, I can't even move it when the full power is applied, I guess I just have to find a T300-profile for rf2 somewhere, because it seems to me that the profile I'm using(T500) is not optimized for the T300(still working much better than the old G27, which already was fine).

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...pinning-easily?p=364152&viewfull=1#post364152

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If you read back in this thread, you will see that the DW-12 has been purposely designed this way, though ISI may have some ideas how to improve it.

If the caster setting "solved" the problem, it means your wheel is fine. (There aren't really custom controller profiles that distinguish fine nuances between a T300 and a T500 in the sense you are thinking). Go try this car if you haven't already. Tell us if the FFB is perfect out of the box or not (meaning appropriate weight at lower speeds and that you can feel the aero forces weight it up at high speeds).

http://www.asrformula.com/download/rF2/Mod/91/643/v1.6/ASR_Formula_OWC_643_v1.6.rar

12. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

I found the T300 Profile Tim posted and there was a big difference: With the T500-profile it sometimes seemed like the forces in a corner pressed into the wrong way, you know, like they do when you set the FFB-strength to 100% instead of -100% (or the other way round), this doesn't occur anymore, now it works perfectly fine.

The GT-cars and also the URD-mods work out-of-the-box, with the Indycar I had to tweak the caster a lot, also with the old 2011-F1 car a little bit(Indycar's still comparably weak to the GT cars, but my wheel-motions look the same they do in the real Indycars. honestly, no other car seems to be as close as this one to reality, and it looks like the real Indycar drivers also don't have that much force in their wheel and I guess if they would change that, it wouldn't be realistic anymore and it would feel like the other formula-cars, where you can see that the real drivers have to apply much more force to the wheel compared to the Indycars.).
    I can also try the ASR Formula later on.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Indycar drivers go through extremely high steering forces, I've heard even over 30 Nm. I heard the same thing about Formula Renault (AKA World Series by Renault) 3.5 drivers. That's the very reason it's weak on most wheels; to keep the dynamic range of forces 1:1 with eachother - while not clipping - means that most forces become weaker because it's all scaled down linearly.

You can increase caster, raise your FFB at the expense of clipping, raise your STM, or raise your STS. I recommend caster first, then if you're not satisfied try STS with maybe a touch of STM thrown in.

If adjusting global controller file numbers then just save the controller file and then load that one whenever you use the Indycar. I do the same thing with sequential stick shift and sequential paddle shift cars - just save a profile for each. I also delete all the profiles I don't need so I don't go scrolling through a ton.

Hope that helps :)

P.S. Check the thread msportdan linked to

14. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Thanks, I'll try STM and STS and report back! (Saving profiles... Something PCars doesnt have, you gotta wonder...)

15. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Okay, I increased the STS to the max, that helped but the effects were too low then, so I increased the car-specific FBB to 1.28 and drecreased the Smoothing to 2 (from 4), it's good now, but still not perfect, I'll tweak it a little here and there (and just by the way: I know how strong the FFB of the wheel can be and even in the worst situations I had, it's far away from that, so I'm a little bit wondering in what simulations the dynamic range gets to its max, because I seem to have a lot of air to the top still left.)

Is there a program to measure, how the forces are, that te wheel sends at that moment? Just to optimize and compare!

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The more you increase the FFB Multiplier, the bigger the chance to get clipping. Did you checked this with the Clipping Plugin?

17. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Could you tell me where that plugin is?

I also increased the "maximum Torque" setting(From 2.5 first to 5, then to 10), that somehow helped too, more for the environment-effects while driving, lessfor the centering-effect, I guess this also can lead to clipping. How do I find out what the maximum "torque", maximum force, whatever, in Nm is for my Thrustmaster T300?

I'm starting to get the hang on this I guess :)

18. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Try to increase caster to about 8 first, while reducing camber about 1 degree, it will give you much more weight on the wheel. Better than changing settings that affect other cars too. Unless you want to load a different profile everytime you change cars this is... For me tis was enough (together with FFBmulti@ 1.2) to have the desired feeling, and i don't feel any clipping.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it would be a good Point to start with. In the first Posting you can find the Download for the Tool (Pedal Overlay Plugin), too.

20. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Thanks guys, will be on the road(or rails or hotel or whatever) for the next days, after that I'll try to find the optimal settings