D BOX

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by herve, Jun 10, 2021.

1. herve

herve Registered

Hello
    For the past two weeks, my D-Box bug jacks have failed after two or three laps of the circuit. I tested with Assetto and it works very well and the assistance sees nothing abnormal on the cylinders. Could an Rfactor 2 update cause these issues? Do you have any information on this? (I haven't tried to re-install the games yet).

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

What do you mean by "failed" and what version of rF2 are you running?

I used to have a defective actuator where some games would trigger a D-box system fault causing the system to shut down.

Running with D-box settings too high might cause some clipping but, also overheating of the actuator(s). One of mine was prone to that condition. Some games may require lower effect settings than others, rF2 tends to be one such title in my experience. Perhaps this title could do with some optimization for the game motion codes.

3. herve

herve Registered

Hello
    they are under garntie D Box made me return them for a complete check because indeed they suspect a defect on a cylinder, I would know more about it in some time

RaceNut likes this.
  4. herve

herve Registered

I use the RC version. For the D-box settings I used those that my dealer advised me which are a little higher than the default settings but that did not shock D-box but they still suggested to me to use those by default. On the other hand, I actually noticed that the rear right cylinder tended to heat up more than the other three, especially with the Mod F1 1986 and the 1988 circuits. The fault appeared on the 4 cylinders a little in turn not necessarily on the same every time. Afterwards if he excites appropriate settings it would be good to share them.

5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

My settings depend on the car's class. In other words, Formula cars use different motion-effect settings than GT cars.
    Generally, GT motion-effect settings are too intense when used in Formula cars.

6. herve

herve Registered

here are the settings that my dealer had indicated to me but since he practices the GT I guess they are way too high for F1
    upload_2021-6-23_7-24-13.png

Attached Files:

7. herve

herve Registered

Hello
    that's it I have received my jacks, d box has changed the four motors but I cannot find out what caused the failure ... my dealer tells me that it cannot come from rf2 but I have doubts. What do you base yourself on to determine the tuning for each car? in fact how to know the limits of adjustment not to exceed

8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

There are 2 primary factors that I base my settings on:
    • Harshness of effects. Avoid extreme force effects.
    • Pay attention to the Noise produced by actuators. Avoid abrupt impacts (banging) of actuators at end of travel. This also applies to other types of tactile systems (bass shakers, transducers, etc.).
    It may be helpful to remember that effects are working in combination. That is, when you increase effect values for one effect, you may need to reduce another effect in order to not exceed system limitations (Actuator travel).

I hope this is helpful.:)