cylindrical screen issue with launcher

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkn87, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

hi guys.

i have an important issue to be solved out in order to play correctly rfactor2.

look, i play videogames in a cilindrical screen as you can see in the attatched immages. i use a softaware called "immersive display lite 2" (http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/immersivedisplaylite2) which i am sure you know about it as many rfactor simracers use it (you can take a look at it however and use a 1 months trial version if needed) and i have always played RFACTOR with that softs which warps the immage projected from my projector/beamer.

whats the problem with rfactor2? let me explain as i think i tis: as rfactor2 launches previously in a windowed screen (you know the launcher) i cannot run immersive display lite2 as it only works with full screen videogames. eventhouhg i later run rfactor at full screen immersive display lite 2 won't work as rfactor2 previously launched in a windowed screen.

i guess this is the problem as rfactor2 is the only soft which does not work whith immersive display lite2. other games such as unlimited rollercoaster, rfactor1, pcars, f1 codemasters, dirt, or whatever other game full screened works wonderfully.

is there anyway to launch rfactor offline mode or online mode DIRECTLY from a direct exefile instead of the exe launcher file? i guess it would help me a lot.
    hope you can help me cause other way i won't be able to play correctly your soft and a refund will be asked.

[​IMG]

2. blakboks

blakboks Registered

The launcher is a different .exe from the game. I assume that it's configured similarly to graphics card settings or controller settings, wherein you tell it which .exe to work with? In which case, can't you tell it to use rFactor.exe instead of launcher.exe (or whatever it's called)?

3. elbo

elbo Registered

If that doesn't solve your problem you may want to look into nthusim's curved screen software.
    http://www.nthusim.com
    I have been using it with rfactor 2 and it works good.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The launcher exe is "Launch rFactor.exe" and the game exe is "rFactor2.exe" so set your program to look at the second and see what happens.