Cut Track penalties - “Drive through” message but Stop’n’go awarded?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MileSeven, Sep 1, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I couldn’t see a reference to this elsewhere so reporting it just in case…

In a number of short online races last night with the cut-track penalty threshold set to just 2.0 points, I (deliberately) exceeded the limits on a number of occasions and always received a message saying that I had been awarded a drive through penalty for exceeding the max points.

However, in all cases, the actual penalty awarded was a Stop and Go… …so either the message is incorrect or the penalty is. I did try a drive-through and received no ‘penalty served’ message so I’m assuming that only one penalty was awarded and it was a stop and go (as opposed to *both* a drive through and stop…)

In addition (was unable to test this fully), the points tally is reset once the penalty is awarded (not served) and you can be awarded additional penalties. I’m assuming this is intended behaviour and that the pre-existing limitations with penalties mean that you can’t see that you have more than one to serve.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The MFD (/HUD) has a page dedicated to penalties, so you can see what type, and how many, you have.

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

You can get a stop and go if you cut far too much. It could well be the description on the TLI dialogue isn't setup right.

MileSeven likes this.
  4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks, yes - as far as I can tell, the message is misleading.

5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Boing. Just in case this can be sorted for the next drop… (we’re just about to start a couple of leagues where this is likely to be an issue if still present….)