Customizable menu in HUD.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by grudevart, Aug 8, 2022.

1. grudevart

grudevart Registered

Hello,
    As we now getting new TC, and ABS options i'm personally run out of buttons on wheel, so maybe there is a possibility to make a customizable menu in HUD, similar to Pit Menu, just to put some settings that we can change it from there during riding, like we can set tires, fule, etc. in Pit Menu.
    I think it would be really handy for people who ride on wheels with a lower number of buttons.

Benaan likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I hate having to use the joystick to move things while driving. for offline use, you could pause the race and get the movements done, but online users have to drive, keep track of other users AND fiddle with the joystick or keyboard commands. Too much for this old fart to accomplish gracefully.
    There are some apps like this one that allow you to add alternate commands to your keyboard & buttons(not sure of the buttons).
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/las3caras-simulaciĆ³n-extended-buttons.72385/

3. grudevart

grudevart Registered

Yeah i know about this tool, yet i don't like to run other software during playing rFactor2, native solutions are always the best for me, but thanks for posting;)
    I can do a similar thing in Logitech Gaming Software, with keystrokes, and button which adds "second layer of buttons" to my wheel, but the problem that i have is that i don't have any information on what button layout i'm currently switched, this can lead during the race to unpleasant situations.
    I would rather like to have in-game menu similar to Pit Menu which i can switch to and in it change option, so i see what i change currently. I could put in this menu setting that i change rarely during the race, to not disturb too much attention to it.

Juan CofiƱo and juanchioooo like this.