SOLVED Custom fixed setup on cars

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Ravioli, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Ravioli

Ravioli Registered

I'm hosting a league which enforces fixed setups to give everyone an equal chance, but sometimes the default setups that are configured on the cars are quite bad and we get some complaints about the drivability of it.

Therefor, is it possible to create a custom setup which is then fixed on server side? I know how to create a setup and I know how to enforce fixed setups on the server (and also how to allow some changes to be made to brake bias, fuel strategy and so on by changing the FreeSettings entries in the player.json), but what would be the best approach to combine the two?

2. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello what do you mean ?

You want some sort of procedure to make all in once ? Setup and Freesettings ?

I think you should extract a upgrade.ini from a car that can be customized in "Standard" "Le Mans" and look inside ...
    You can define there multiple setups possibilities. And so have some sort of fixed setups but which offers multiple choices : stable, fast, quali ...

So there is probably a way to have a FreeSettings "fixed" (i mean one for all) but allowing only certain values in the upgrades that can be selected in the "Customize" menu.

You will then need to repack the cars with a dedicated upgrade.ini. Then let setups in fixed but allow upgrades.

Not sure it is what you need, but it looks like.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/ Redapg has a tutorial on his page, if you scroll to the bottom, it tells you how to do exactly what you want.

4. Ravioli

Ravioli Registered

Thanks @DanRZ and @Coutie for your suggestions.

The suggestion @Coutie placed is exactly what I'm looking for. However @DanRZ your suggestion is also really valuable to give the drivers a chance in differentiating their cars with basic setup "templates" like stable/fast/quali like you mentioned. Thanks a lot to both of you!