custom controller profile loading issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Denstjiro, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Eyup wasabi

sorry if this is been discussed before but could not find it (appart from one off topic note i made myself somewhere)

Here's the thing ISI peeps :p
    Every time i load my game, on and offline, its not a given that my custom controller profile will load, by default or after i manualy load it.
    Sometimes it refused to load and i need to load another random profile and then mine.
    Sometimes it will load in one go
    And ever so often it will allready be loaded.

Strange thing is, it allways looks like my profile is loaded anyways, even when its not, it will allways display the name of the profile. (i can easily tell because ffb rate is default 1.0 and steering degrees is not 360 like mine)
    Plus sometimes it just refuses to load at all.

I sometimes forget to check and wonder on-track what the heck is going on as it doesnt feel right (not that i know how it suposed to feel after just 2 days)

Anyways, thats all, stop everything you do and meet my demands!
    (or whenever you feel like it)
    (or even at all)

Great sim so far, the most fun i had with any beta!

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

From what I can tell, FFB and steering lock are not part of the saved controller profile. Only the button mappings are.

FFB is car specific. Steering lock is also (unless you uncheck that option).

So if you set FFB to .80 for Megane, it will always be .80 when you are driving the Megane no matter what controller profile you load.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

including steering wheel degrees?

when i am persistant in loading i do get the required numbers i had set in my profile, both ffb and degrees.

also when lazy and loading doesnt work i just manualy change ffb and degree, just takes a few seconds but its often default or not what i would want myself.

4. Tiger

Tiger Registered

also, the ffb is reset to 1.00 every time you change serie!
    your wheel profile if any as to be loaded as well!